Assign affiliates to existing clients?

PatrickOML

I have a guy that's referring customers to us offline and I want to create an account for him, activate as an affiliate, then put him on 10% rolling commission on all the active client's he's referred. I emailed support about this last year and they said it's impossible via settings.

Is there an easy way to do it with a customisation (some copy/paste code or an addon)? Or, anyone here willing to do it for me?

I would need the commissions to start on all products/services his current clients order from the date we make the customisation (as he's already had payouts on past orders).

I will also need to add him as an affiliate on future sign ups. He's referring agencies to me, so it's a handful of big clients, rather than a lot of little 'retail' clients.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers in advance!

I think the only built-in option would be to manually assign affiliates to orders...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Affiliates#Assigning_an_Affiliate_to_an_Existing_Order

but I don't think you can assign affiliates to existing clients (at least not easily) - so you'd be left with manually assigning future orders from these clients to the affiliate.

of course, once he's signed up as an affiliate, then future orders from new clients should take care of themselves - it's these future orders from the legacy clients that may be a problem.

you should take a look in Marketplace for available addons - one that springs to mind is Commissions Manager - if it's suitable, you might be able to get a trial version from the developer if you contact him.

I think the only built-in option would be to manually assign affiliates to orders...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Affiliates#Assigning_an_Affiliate_to_an_Existing_Order

but I don't think you can assign affiliates to existing clients (at least not easily) - so you'd be left with manually assigning future orders from these clients to the affiliate.

of course, once he's signed up as an affiliate, then future orders from new clients should take care of themselves - it's these future orders from the legacy clients that may be a problem.

you should take a look in Marketplace for available addons - one that springs to mind is Commissions Manager - if it's suitable, you might be able to get a trial version from the developer if you contact him.

Hi Brian, thanks for replying :-)

I found that option to manually assign an affiliate to orders after I posted that question. But ideally I want to assign the affiliate to all of the orders for his clients, is that not an option even if they're referred by the link? Do affiliates only get recurring commission on the specific products in the initial order, and not future orders?

Going forward all of his referrals will be offline, so the affiliate links are no good for this deal.

cheers.

my recollection is that if the client uses an affiliate link for an order, it will be linked to the affiliate; if they don't, then you'd have to manually add the affiliate to the order.

the WHMCS affiliate system is quite basic - I suspect you're going to need to look for a third-party solution for your situation.