PreDomainRegister hook to change registrant name

dimitrifrom31

Hi,

Back in v5 whmcs was working fine with my registrar module (ovh) then a v5 update broke it until it finally got fixed 2 years+ later in v7.

However now the module works again it does not behave as it used to. In whmcs > setup > general settings > domain I got the box "Tick this box to use clients details for the Billing/Admin/Tech contacts" un-ticked to use my company details as registrant so I had the order pretty much straight forward for my customers as most of the orders had invalid information for the registration (.fr domains require quite a lot of details).

With v7 whmcs is sending the customer name instead of my company name as registrant causing the orders to fail as it does not match the company number registered with ovh.

WHMCS support told me this was normal behaviour even though it didnt use to be like that and that I should use PreDomainRegister hook to change the registrant name but I have no idea how to make it. Any help will be greatly apreciated !

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Absolutely the same issue - need to find out the way how to permanently set my company info as Registrant contacts (Admin/Tech/Billing can be modified at Domains tab).

It's very important, can someone please take a look?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I've contacted WHMCS support in order to help with our issue and they replied the following:

======================================

WHMCS does use the details provided by the customer at the time they register, it will use the details specified under Setup > General Settings when not specified, however, generally, this is only for the likes of email registrar however.

You may be able to have a customisation created by someone on our Community that could achieve what you are trying to do, however out of the box there's not a way to achieve this

======================================

Is there anybody who can assist, guys?

Thanks!