Discontinuities moving back and forth through the order form

TDub

Needs to be a little more testing done to account for various "stupid customer" things on the order form.

For example:

I choose a package in step one then continue to step two. Step two, I have domain registration configured, so it asks me how I want to handle a domain name. I choose register and type the domain I want to register and click continue. It gives me a list of available TLD's and I choose one then click next. On step three, I change my mind and decide I want to register the domain elsewhere so I click the Domain Options link (in the breadcrumb links) to take me back to step two. I then select only the setup option. However, the list of available domains is still shown with the domain I originally chose selected (it should disappear when I change options). Even if I unclick the originally chosen domain and click continue, step three still shows the number of years to register for after the domain I now do not want to register, lol. While the domain registration doesn't get added to the final checkout, it's confusing and may make the user think they're still registering the domain for a year (probably as confusing as this post).

In this case, I was using the boxed order form, Firefox 2.0.

Ideally, I want to see back and forward buttons for the customer, and also be able to support a user clicking the back button on their browser (which is probably 90% of what they do). I need to be sure that a user can move forward and back through the entire checkout process as easily as possible to make changes, and everything is simple and not confusing. This is where the real dollars are earned. If a user gets confused, more likely than not they're going to leave and I could lose the sale.

Just seems like more work needs to be done "goof" proofing the checkout forms. I'd be happy to help test if you need someone. I've got a lot of experience in interface (aka stupid user) design. I'm just not much of a coder.