Creating a "Giving Back" feature in WHMCS

neaweb6

Hey guys,

I am wanting to give back to the community by donating a percentage of sales to a few organizations. I would like to have it setup so that our clients can choose one of three non profit organizations that they would like to support, and then we make donations based off of their preference.

I want to do this so that it's not too much of a hassle to manage. My idea is to setup a custom client field with the three choices for charities and display that on the order form. Then I could simply pull all of the new orders to get a list of who chose what. But I can see this becoming a hassle very fast.

I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions on how to make something like this work! I'd like to be able to simply run a report each month to get a total of who chose what organization.

I think your solution, e.g using a custom client field, is probably the simplest way - though you'll likely need to either write a custom report, or tweak one of the existing ones to include your client custom field.

Thanks brian! (Extra emphasis on that exclamation point) because this worked like a charm! It was a lot easier than I thought and it only took around 10 minutes by modifying an existing report.

In order for the report to work, you must have the Custom client field configured. If you don't, it gives you an error. Some reports that I looked at gave the option of setting up the custom client field from this area, but I couldn't get it to work. I tried and it never created the custom client field after filling out the form. So I just included some simple instructions instead.

before_report_run.PNG

This is the results of the report. The only downside is when I enter a starting date (such as August 1) it only includes those clients who signed up on or after August 1. If I want to get the results from every client, I have to enter a date that is before I had any clients (over a year ago). I can't figure out a work around for this, so I'm just using January 1, 2015 and it includes all of my clients.

after_report_run.PNG

I would like to be able to work out the date issue and the auto-creation of the custom client field but I'm not sure where to start with that. Also, any apostrophes are replaced with "&nbsp" in my field options. Regardless, I still got the results that I was going for!