WHMCS & IPB

optik

Hey people,

I already have a fairly large accounts system for my forums running IPB (Invision Pro Board).

What I'd like to be able to do is allow logged in (to IPB) users to be able to make orders through WHMCS, without needing to create accounts in WHM.

i.e. the order script recognises a user is logged in by looking at the cookies (for login and encrypted password) set by IPB (obviously they would have to be running on the same domain name to have access to the cookies).

Since most of the WHMCS code is encrypted, it makes it a bit difficult to work this out..

I've done a few searches on here regarding IPB and came across this thread:

whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=788&highlight=ipb

(sorry, I can't link it, the security on this board apparently requires 15 posts until you can link things..)

Anyway the code on that post isn't accessible anymore, and its a tad old.

I've seen a few other posts regarding other integrations, and they mention requesting a 'dev kit' from 'Matt' - I gather Matt is the lead software developer for WHMCS or something?

Thanks!

I've seen a few other posts regarding other integrations, and they mention requesting a 'dev kit' from 'Matt' - I gather Matt is the lead software developer for WHMCS or something?

WHMCS is owned by Matt, however, the chief software architect for IPS/IPB is also a Matt (Matt Mecham). IPS is launching a modular product that competes with WHMCS, so I don't know how willing they would be to help integrate this product into their forum software.

WHMCS is owned by Matt, however, the chief software architect for IPS/IPB is also a Matt (Matt Mecham). IPS is launching a modular product that competes with WHMCS, so I don't know how willing they would be to help integrate this product into their forum software.

Yep, the IPS product is called Nexus.

The problem is, Nexas is in beta, and I don't think it will be anywhere near as good as what I've seen from WHMCS, in regards to it's interfaces with a wide range of payment gateways, domain registrar's and server systems..

So I wanted to go with WHMCS..

I guess I'll try the Nexus beta out soon..

Ta for the reply, uberhost!