Synchronise Billing and Cpanel passwords?

Ked

Question

Is it possible to Synchronise Billing area and Cpanel passwords when the customer first signs up?

We pick up a lot of "refugees" from other providers and they generally want to keep their existing credentials. It also makes it a lot easier for the customer if they only need to remember 1 password.

For example: I have a customer who's transfering over from another host. He has agreed a password with me in advance. I would like to be able to register him in WHMCS, have WHMCS autoprovision the hosting package and the domain renewal and then email the details and invoice to the customer. Now WHMCS does all of this flawlessly but: My customer ends up getting a notification of a different random password, he then gets all confused (as customers do) when I explain that it was an automated mail and that I will be changing it manually back for him. I would love to be able to just register the customer, specify a single password at registration, select his services then go and make a cup of coffee while WHMCS does the whole thing for me :D

I realise there can be issues with customers choosing weak or inappropriate passwords but this is something we generally correct if we have to and is not our main concern.

Regards,

Ked

3 answers to this question

I just raised an order for a customer and prior to the account being created there are some order activation options. Amonst these are the option to specify the username and password for the Cpanel account. maybe this is a feature of the new version?

This is the win for me - I am happy :)