Custom theme issue

PaulC55

when you say a custom theme, do you mean you've customised it yourself... or you've bought a template from a developer?

if bought, then the developer should be your first port of call...

if your own custom, then I assume everything works fine if you use the default "Six" theme?

Got it from a developer but he will charge extra for re-edits

oh great - a developer who sold you a product that doesn't work! :roll:

Yes, everything works fine when I use the Six theme

that's good news - it means your WHMCS installation is basically correct and the issue lies with the theme.

if you've already tried disabling the js scripts and got nowhere, then perhaps another alternative, at least in the short-term, is to adjust your viewticket template slightly to make the reply box permanently open... not exactly elegant/pretty, but it should at least return the functionality to the page. :idea:

if it were the Six template, it would be in viewticket.tpl ~ line 19 and change...

<div class="panel panel-info panel-collapsable{if !$postingReply} panel-collapsed{/if} hidden-print">

to...

<div class="panel panel-info hidden-print">

your custom template might be slightly different, but I suspect the above line will be there somewhere.

although long-term, the cause of the theme clash will probably still need to be looked at... perhaps if/when you upgrade the theme for v7 (if necessary), it might get fixed/updated then.

Edited by brian!

Hmm, I seem to be having more issues.. this time with the "My Products & Services" section, if a client clicks on one of the products that they buy, then it doesn't let them click on it - same with "My Invoices" page too, the invoices cannot be clicked on

Any idea

Hmm, I seem to be having more issues.. this time with the "My Products & Services" section, if a client clicks on one of the products that they buy, then it doesn't let them click on it - same with "My Invoices" page too, the invoices cannot be clicked on

Any idea

that's using the six (or custom)/js/whmcs.js file... let's try the opposite thought process... perhaps it's not a clash, but an omission. :?:

in your custom theme, is there a footer.tpl / header.tpl template that contains a link to /js/whmcs.js ??

that's using the six (or custom)/js/whmcs.js file... let's try the opposite thought process... perhaps it's not a clash, but an omission. :?:

in your custom theme, is there a footer.tpl / header.tpl template that contains a link to /js/whmcs.js ??

Nope there isn't a link in header/footer.tpl's' that contain that /js/whmcs.js

Nope there isn't a link in header/footer.tpl's' that contain that /js/whmcs.js

aahh... that's probably it then... it needs to be there. :idea:

if you have a footer.tpl in your custom theme, compare it to six/footer.tpl and see if you can add the link to whmcs.js in an appropriate/similar spot.

aahh... that's probably it then... it needs to be there. :idea:

if you have a footer.tpl in your custom theme, compare it to six/footer.tpl and see if you can add the link to whmcs.js in an appropriate/similar spot.

Done it and it worked :)

- - - Updated - - -

The "reply" button also started working! - amazing how one line of code can make so much difference