Up-/Downgrade Confirmation Page

Sybille

Hi,

I just realised, that WHMCS takes the “complete.tpl” from the orderform layout "box". In the WHMCS Admin tool I have chosen a complete different standard layout for my orders. Therefor I really don't know why it takes the file out of the "box"-layout.

For the confirmation of a standard order (no up- or downgrade), it correctly takes the complete.tpl out of my chosen order layout.

Do I have the option to change the template for my up- downgrade confirmation page or do I need a hook?

Thanks for your replies.

Sybille

No, the config is set to „Order Form Template: Use System Default (Standard Cart RedIT)“.

• Also if I change the template to another it doesn’t change anything.

• If I delete the folder “standard_cart_redIT” the confirmation page is just emty

• If I delete the folder “boxes” I get an error message on the page. “the shopping cart is not available at the moment”

I have no clue what’s the issue…

how weird, i'm assuming the choice of "boxes" must be assigned somewhere - either in general ordering settings, group settings, somewhere in a template or it's hard-coded... perhaps a ticket with support might reveal the answer to that.

but if it's determined to use "Boxes", and you aren't currently using "Boxes" for any product groups, then I don't think there's anything to stop you from copying your “standard_cart_redIT” folder, renaming it "boxes" and change references in the template code from "<div id="order-standard_cart">" to "<div id="order-boxes">".

that way, WHMCS will think it's using "Boxes", but the client should effectively see "standard_cart_redIT".

It’s completely wired.

I tried the following:

I delete all folders in the folder “/public_html/templates/orderforms” instead of “standard_cart_xxx”. Now WHMCS takes the file /public_html/templates/orderforms/standard_cart_xxx/complete.tpl for both, the confirmation pages after the up-/downgrade and the confirmation pages after a new order.

But I don’t know where to specify that it should use a different file for a new order and for the up- and downgrade.

What if I just write an IF in the file "complete.tpl". Something like IF up-/Downgrade -> Text for up-/Downgrade ELSE -> Text for new order.

Do you know how I have to write the IF-Code?

As I just found out, either “standard_cart\complete.tpl” or “boxes\complete.tpl” has to be available to have to deferent confirmation pages. If one of each folder is available, WHMCS takes the complete.tpl file for the up-/downgrade and the complete.tpl file from standard_cart_xxx for new orders.

Edited by Sybille

As I just found out, either “standard_cart\complete.tpl” or “boxes\complete.tpl” has to be available to have to different confirmation pages. If one of each folder is available, WHMCS takes the complete.tpl file for the up-/downgrade and the complete.tpl file from standard_cart_xxx for new orders.

found out from Support or through testing ?

Through testing.

For the up-/downgrade it takes the first "complete.tpl" file it founds. It doesn't depend on the folder name. For a new order it takes the "complete.tpl" file from the set template (standard_cart_xxx).

If I create a new folder named „AAAAA“ and copy the file “complete.tpl” with the text for the up-/downgrade confirmation into it, everything works as it should.

If you have an idea for a proper solution just let me know. Do I have to Change something in the file “base.js”?

jQuery(document).ready(function(){

jQuery('[b]#order-standard_cart)[/b].find('input').iCheck({
       inheritID: true,
       checkboxClass: 'icheckbox_square-blue',
       radioClass: 'iradio_square-blue',
       increaseArea: '20%'
   });

Edited by Sybille

don't worry about base.js - that code you posted is for checkboxes/radio buttons.

I think what you have found, e.g using a custom folder containing a custom template - perhaps copying your SC to 'aaa' etc... is probably the best solution in the short-term.

you might want to open a ticket with support and report this as a potential bug - e.g if WHMCS is simply using the first alphabetical folder it finds, then that sounds a little bizarre to me - if they confirm it as a bug, then they may be able to fix it for v7.

it can do no harm to add a link back to this thread in your support ticket so they can see what you've tried.