Paying bills via API and critics

balbaha

Question

Hi,

after doing loads of research I decided to go for WHMCS. But there are two questions left:

1) I need to check incoming payments from my bank account statement (for clients who pay by bank transfer). I would like to write a script doing the following:

- Get all open invoices using the API command "Get Invoices"

- Match the invoices to the entries on my account statement

- Add the credits according to the account statement using the API command "Add Credit"

- Apply the credits to the according invoice using the API command "Apply Credit"

It this the way to go? Or would I need to work with transactions somehow?

2) Doing my research I have not only found positive things about WHMCS, but also negative things, lead by whmcs.rip. I know you do not like to see negative feedback on your forums, but I would like to sort some things out before buying whmcs. Are the following points still valid:

- Incorrect Accounting

- Multiple lines on a invoice

- Bad encryptions

I am totally aware, that this page is only one view of the cases and the author obviously does not like whmcs, which is why I would like to hear the other side.

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 answers to this question

1) you may Add Transaction to invoice so you know how much and when this credit were added/applied to this invoice, or the Add/Apply Credit method all works.

I would note that the website you mention owned by someone who is not neutral.

1) you may Add Transaction to invoice so you know how much and when this credit were added/applied to this invoice, or the Add/Apply Credit method all works.

I would note that the website you mention owned by someone who is not neutral.

Thanks, so the difference between Credits and Transaction is, that WHMCS recognises a transaction so I can track the date of the transaction later? Both settle the bill, but transaction is what I'm looking for when it comes to accounting, right?

Yes, that is pretty obvious, still I think the author may have one point or another, which is why I wanted to clarify the progress on the ones listed above.

Thanks, so the difference between Credits and Transaction is, that WHMCS recognises a transaction so I can track the date of the transaction later? Both settle the bill, but transaction is what I'm looking for when it comes to accounting, right?

yes, Transactions is better for accounting, reports etc.