PayPal IPN and notify

iamalive

Hi

I have two different hosting sites. What I want is to ensure that when a customer pays in one site, he is also returned to that site to create the account after payment. In the Paypal account you can only set one IPN address. I aske PayPal what to do and was given the following answer:

I recommend overriding the profile setting by using "notify_url" variable - this way you can specify a different IPN URL for each website (or even each button!). You can in similar way divert to different "thank you" pages by using "return" variable.

The question is: where in WHMCS can I change this variable and how exactly do I do it? I'm using Version 3.4.0

I'd really appreciate detailed help as I'm out of my depth here.

Regards and thanks, folks

Hi Matt

Thanks. Do you mean it automatically does this and ignores the setting which is already in my payPal account?

If yes, that's fantastic! Can you confirm my understanding, please? I ask, because in the settings WHMCS provides a link which I'm supposed to put into the IPN configuration at PayPal.

Regards