Flash Tutorials loaded in WHMCS

Baja

I installed this and it works excellently.

If you knew how happy I am that it even works you would be amazed. I am not the sharpest cheese on the cracker when it comes to php code.

I do have one question though and that is how to get the

$pagetitle = ''.$_LANG['flashtutorials'].' - '.$tutorial.'';
$pageicon = "images/support/clientarea.gif";
$breadcrumbnav = ''.$_LANG['globalsystemname'].' > '.$_LANG['knowledgebasetitle'].' > '.$_LANG['knowledgebasearticles'].' > '.$tutorial.'';

to become hyperlinks so that my customers do not have to click all the way back to the knowledgbase and start over again.

This tutorial is not set up to work within the knowledgebase. It is supposed to be used with the all ready provided tutorial.php/tpl files that come with whmcs. I guess its possible though I am not sure I can help you on this one.

If you were sticking to the tut you could use something like this (maybe this will help):

$breadcrumbnav = '<a href="index.php">'.$_LANG['globalsystemname'].'</a> > <a href="tutorials.php">'.$_LANG['flashtutorials'].'</a> > <a href="'.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'].'">'.$tutorial.'</a>';

Thank you

Using your last post as a reference I was able to get it to work. Only problem I have is that it will take me back to all categories and not to the actual category ID for that category. I am still working on trying to hard code the id into it as this won't change. If I get it done I will let you know how. But as I said I am no coder just determined hahahaha

I DID IT! I DID IT!

Ok it says articles at the top but it works and thats what I really cared about.

Baja thank you so much for this and all your help.

Here is what I had to change to make it work.

$pagetitle = ''.$_LANG['knowledgebasetitle'].' - '.$tutorial.'';
$pageicon = "images/support/clientarea.gif";
$breadcrumbnav = '<a href="knowledgebase.php">'.$_LANG['globalsystemname'].'</a>  > <a href="knowledgebase.php">'.$_LANG['knowledgebasetitle'].'</a> > <a href="knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=17&id=14">'.$_LANG['knowledgebasearticles'].'</a> > '.$tutorial.'';

I just kept going back and forth between the code you gave me and the templates that I already have to display till I figured it out. Now when a client clicks on linux users in my knowledgebase it shows the articles and when they click on that it shows the list on viewtutorials.php and when they click on an article say addonftp.html it opens the html page with the swf file embedded right inside the knowledgebase and on the top they can click on articles again and it takes them right back to the list of articles on viewtutorials.php

This was not easy and took me hours and could not have been done without your code so again thank you.

I am using this example below in the tutorials.tpl for those clients who might have javascripting disabled:

<a href="modules/tutorials/cpanel-x3-login.html" target="_blank" onclick="window.location='viewtutorials.php?tutorial=cpanel-x3-login';return false;">How to login to cPanel</a>

That way if javascript is not enabled it will still open up in a new window versus not displaying anything at all within your template. Not sure its the best work around but thought I would throw it out there.

• 1 month later...