Edit Domain registration term issue

In WHMCS client area,not being able to edit Domain registration term (no. of years) after choosing one from drop down button next to domain search results is annoying. Is it a flaw of WHMCS interface? Is there a work around it to make the no. of years (term) editable after adding the domain to cart?

Not being able to edit the term (no. of years) after adding the Domain to cart with no. of years chosen can be really inconvenient to the clients that later decide to have a different term (no. of years of registration) after choosing one when added to cart. He/she should be able to edit the term at any page(.i.e at two pages, one at adding the domain to cart in results page and other at check out page) during the order process.

Because of this problem, client has to remove the domain from cart completely and start from the scratch, right from the Domain availability lookup and again adding to cart with the right term. Annoying... Really annoying

Guys please, is there a work around it?

In WHMCS client area,not being able to edit Domain registration term (no. of years) after choosing one from drop down button next to domain search results is annoying. Is it a flaw of WHMCS interface? Is there a work around it to make the no. of years (term) editable after adding the domain to cart?

is it an obvious flaw, yes - though it's not a bug as WHMCS is designed to not change the years after the initial choice has been made... or probably more accurately, they never thought it worthwhile to add the feature. :roll:

the important point to remember is that during the ordering process (either via domainchecker or the cart), only at the domain search results page, does WHMCS know which TLDs are available, year options for each TLD and their prices... at every stage of the process before and after that, WHMCS has no idea what other years options are available for a TLD added to the cart... and without that knowledge, WHMCS can't give the user the choice to change it.

I would suspect that unless you could manipulate the cart by tweaking the session variables, you'd need to consider action hooks (and possibly template edits) to provide you with the option to change the registration years.

if you need this soon, you might want to consider posting in Marketplace and paying a developer to create a solution for this issue... alternatively, if you're in no rush you could submit a feature request for WHMCS to add the feature themselves - though you could be waiting years with no end result! :roll:

26 Views and none replied. Great! I thought it's a active community.

it's a Sunday afternoon! :)

...and even i'm only here because i'm finishing off some projects for clients and needed to check a previous post of mine! :idea: