Database Relationships

I'm going to be writing my own scrip to import customers from our Helm database. Now I just want to run the process flow past you to make sure we get this in the right order ;)

I'll be doing resellers and customers separately...

1 - Grab the list of customers from Helm

2 - Cross check the email addy in WHMCS and continue if not found

3 - Import the customer record and create a new password

4 - Email the customer login to the customer

5 - Identify which Helm server the customer is on and match to WHMCS. Dow the same with the package

6 - Assign the appropriate package in WHMCS

7 - Grab the domains and their relationship with customers from Helm

8 - Import to WHMCS matching Helm plan or update existing domain record in WHMC with appropriate product details

9 - Import invoice and invoice lines to appropriate customer

That's the theory anyway ;)

Anything I should watch out for in terms of database relationships?

Can I run a free trial license in a sub-folder so I can test the import without trashing my live install?

Would you be interested in selling this once you get it developed? I know myself and a few others on here would be *very* interested.

Just completed migrating all our resellers manually which took over 5 weeks. Got all the shared hosting customers to do yet. :cry:

And no, you can't run another install in a sub-folder.

Well I would but I would be writing it in ColdFusion not PHP so you would need a CF server to run the script on. I should be able to adapt it though so you could enter the appropriate MySQL database details though...

In terms of development time, my first priority is to import AWBS users, then get the cPanel signups sorted and finally do Helm...

RE: sub-install, I guess it would be case then of writing the script as much as possible without testing and then installing a 15 day license on a separate domain...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...