How to customize currency format and add Swiss Franc support?

demo89

Hello everyone,

I'd like to have a fifth option for the currency format so that it will support the Swiss currency format which is like this - 1'234.56

How can I customize the core files to enable it?

I'd really appreciate if anyone would help me with this.

as you say, they're core files - so they can't be customised.

I don't think that there would be a quick and simple way to do this - the problem you've got is that the currency formats are all hard-coded internally, so you can't easily add a 5th option.

one way might be to choose the 1,234.56 number format and then do a string replace of , with ' - that could mean a lot of template changes, but should work. :roll:

two other options would be to either submit a feature request in the hope that WHMCS will add the feature themselves... from a practical point of view, that's virtually pointless as even if it is added, it could be months/years before you see it... and I assume you're not looking to wait months to do this. :)

alternatively, you could post in Marketplace and pay someone for a solution - i'm sure it's possible to do it, but not quickly, and not without writing an addon or hook.

Hi, brian! and thank you for your answer.

To be honest I anticipated this wouldn't be an easy customization as I've spent quite a lot of time going through the whole system in hope of finding a solution.

I'm hoping this won't be a major issue for my clients, at least not now, but I might consider paying someone for a permanent solution.

Once again, thank you for your input, if by any chance you get some new info about the issue, please inform me, I promise to do the same :)