RegisterFly Resellers

xxkylexx

Another quick question. I have a client that would like to use the other options of his domain rather than just editing nameservers. Is there a way I can allow him to edit his domain on registerfly's site since it is technically under my account?

Also, how do domain renewals work? Will I be responsible for renewing the domain for the client, or will he get an email from RegisterFly when the time comes?

Kyle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

There's no minimum - just add $6.50 and you can try a registration - although I found it was a few hours after adding funds before I was able to register a domain when testing.

Matt

I could register a domain right away after adding funds,

so i think this could change from time to time.

Unable to register name 720 Our system is experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.If problem persists, please contact support and state error message: REM server: -702, the Registries for the following tld(s) cannot be accessed at this time:eu

Pfffft....

Wonder when they'll get that fixed?

Also are all the TLD's priced the same?

• 1 month later...

Im going to kill registerfly...

EDIT:

Called tech support in the USA, told me that the billing department had left 30min ago, Ie 5.00 eastern time. How shitty is that? Most business in europe have got support lines till like f*kin 10pm. They told me to submit a ticket and that it would be answered in 24hours. He didnt know what to say when I told him it had now been 24.5hours since i submitted my ticket and the $$$ in paypal....

/me is angry....

T-mobile, 10pm

RapidSSL/Geotrust 2AM!!

voda 10pm

My isp 11pm

linksys 11pm

cable tv 7pm

Lazy US...

um, screw you on the "lazy us" comment. Maybe you should have gone with a local registrar.

Also, maybe you should stop using a registrar that is known for some many problems. Try out enom. While its not the cheapest registrar, i have had nothing but success with them over the past 4 years.

exactly what im going to do when i get my money back from registerfly...

And I will not go screw myself! Everytime I have to deal with support from the US it akes ages and its always INNEFICIENT compared to the UK/EU business' - I deal with ALLOT of companies - which are responsive, motivated and their there when you need them!

lol, your going to wait to make the change because you need to wait for $10 back? that's funny. I agree they need to give you a refund, but waiting to make the switch over it is pretty crazy.

Also, I really think your comments about US companies is really off base and of course only makes you look like a jackass. I really don't think the quality of support times, etc, has anything to do with location., but has more to do with how much a company values its customers. I've been in the IT business for awhile now and I have definitely had issues with companies outside and inside the US. I have found great companies inside and outside the US as well. The fact that you didn't know the company support hours and calling outside of there hours is your own fault. Yes, it might be nice for them to have extended hours, but not really necessary for their market either. Normal business hours in the us are 9-5, 5 days a week. While you might disagree with this practice, the US economy has been doing just fine with them. Accounting hours are usually always less, anywhere in the world. All your examples were not examples of billing departments, they were just general companies. Most of those companies billing departments are not 24/7 or even have extended hours. Why you may ask? Its because a billing issue is not an emergency and can be taken care of during regular business hours.

While I understand your frustrations about not getting quality support with RegisterFly, I find it quite arrogant of you to call the US lazy because of your inability to call a company during normal business hours. Its not their fault that your in a different time zone and its not as convenient for you.

Firstly, its $100 not $10, I made a typo.

The USA's economy is not as great as you'd like to think it is, just look at the massive government spending and the massive deficit you guys have built up, oh and your currency might be the most influential but it doesnt rank very high on the international money market especially when you have to go to war to save your economy.

Now the fact that you assumed that those companies billing departments arent open at 11pm is wrong. Ive payed all sorts of bills with allot of companies at random hours, because those companies acknowledge the fact that they have customers with little time to waste.

Of course there are inneficient support teams on my side of the pond, but at least there is some sort of communication. Call me a jackass or whatever you'd like. I deal with allot of US companies who have offices here and their great. Dont think that my main line of work revolves around IT.

Maybe I jumped the gun by calling US companies lazy, but I still have yet to come across a motivated support team in the USA.

Anyway were not going to agree on this and frankly I cannot be bothered to argue with you.

Maybe I jumped the gun by calling US companies lazy, but I still have yet to come across a motivated support team in the USA.

Anyway were not going to agree on this and frankly I cannot be bothered to argue with you.

Try Derek at WHMCSaddons for great support.

Lets set this straight tj. MACscr took exception to the US bashing. So do I. You made the comment now be responsible for your actions. Your "frankly I can't be bothered" comment is like trying to call Kings-X in the middle of a street fight.

So be a man about this. Take responsibility for what you said and either stand behind it or make it right. We're all friends here but that does not give you a license to insult me.

-Roger

20+ Years a US Marine

No one insulted you grow up.

I have better things to do than justify things i say in an online forum. You dont like it tough! Its my opinion I'm entitled to it and at this specific moment in time im going to stick to it.

Guess what? I have no servers in the US and I dont market to the US market.

Now when your all done with your insecurities and patriotic values and your generic inability to accept that other people have opinions and that you cant always impose yours on them, get back to me.

Till then.... Goodbye.

You make my butt hurt you self-righteous, pompus ass. I've had better men than you slop beans on my plate in a chow line.

You're upset because we've taken exception to your mouth and took you to task over it. You couldn't bully your way through.

Hey Matt, go ahead - Thread Closed - it's not going to get any better in this one.

Guess what? I have no servers in the US and I dont market to the US market.

Now when your all done with your insecurities and patriotic values and your generic inability to accept that other people have opinions and that you cant always impose yours on them, get back to me.

Till then.... Goodbye.

Ah, so your trying to mislead your clients that you have servers in the US, i see how it is. I am only made those statements because according to your website, you are marketing to those areas and you do have servers in the US.

LOL, were not trying to impose our opinions on others, were sharing our opinions just like yours. Your just upset that our opinion is different. Spoken like a true liberal.

I think this thread may have deviated a touch :)

so, on the subject of registerfly, anybody know anything about the SSL they keep on saying is coming soon?

lol, only deviated a little =P

I havent heard anything new about it either. I wish enom would offer better prices on their ssl certs as i prefer to use them. To add to that, would be sweet if whmcs could automatically setup these ssl certs in whm.