domainsync.php not syncing Pending domains

Does anyone else noticed that domainsync.php is not syncing Pending domains?

The internal sql query is selecting only Active domains and sends them to _Sync function.

Then it selects "Pending Transfer" status domains and sends them to _TransferSync function.

And not I am stuck with Pending domains not being activated.

My registrar works asynchronously and i need a background job that waits for his response.

Ideas anyone?

:?:

Does anyone else noticed that domainsync.php is not syncing Pending domains?

according to the documentation, it should be...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Tab#Domain_Sync_Enabled

The sync script will check Active 50 and Pending Transfer domains at a time:

• Active domains will have their Expiry Date corrected to match the registrar if different.
    • If the dates already match it will report "In Sync".

[*]Pending Transfer domains will usually report an error until the transfer process is complete at which point the status will automatically be changed to Active, the Domain Transfer Completed email template sent and the Expiry Date obtained from the registrar.

The internal sql query is selecting only Active domains and sends them to _Sync function.

Then it selects "Pending Transfer" status domains and sends them to _TransferSync function.

I do hope that you aren't decrypting the files to view the source code - you can get into a lot of trouble for doing that! :roll:

And now I am stuck with Pending domains not being activated.

My registrar works asynchronously and I need a background job that waits for his response.

if you think that the sync script isn't working in the way the documentation describes for pending domains, then you might want to open a ticket with support - if it's a v6.3 bug, they'll want to know about it so it can be fixed in an update.

Hi brian,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did not decompile the source code but i did find a decompiled version with a little help from google.

I am not sure it's a bug, maybe the guys at WHMCS wants the function to work this way but now i am stuck with domains in Pending mode and no solution which will allow me to sync those domains.

The official docs weren't much of a help, they did not state that the _Sync function will be called only for Active domains.

I already opened a support ticket, so far they sent me back to the docs.

I am open to any available solution :(

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did not decompile the source code but i did find a decompiled version with a little help from google.

I think it's you viewing their code that they would object to - regardless of how you got to it... WHMCS have previously taken down a lot of those sites. :)

I am not sure it's a bug, maybe the guys at WHMCS wants the function to work this way but now i am stuck with domains in Pending mode and no solution which will allow me to sync those domains.

The official docs weren't much of a help, they did not state that the _Sync function will be called only for Active domains.

I already opened a support ticket, so far they sent me back to the docs.

it's sort of implied - active domains are synced, pending transfers become active upon completion and can then be synced.

the obvious next questions being - have these domain transfers been completed?... and which registrar are you using??