Pre-selecting domain option for hosting accounts

Drecca

I don't want customers to register or transfer their domains to me. I just want them to use the "update nameservers" option.

I'm building a custom order form, and trying to find what would the URL value be to have the flow work like this :

- Customer signs up on customized order form using WHMCS data feeds/linking to WHMCS docs

- When it comes time to selecting the domain to use for cPanel, I want the customer to just enter a domain, and the option used is "update nameservers"

I then want to use skipconfig=1 to go straight to the customer inputting their info.

Any way to do this?

two thoughts on this...

1. if you don't want to offer domain registration/transfers at all on your site, you could disable the the two options in the general settings -> domains...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Tab#Domain_Registration_Options

that would remove the two options and leave the "use my existing domain" as the default, and only (unless the product can use subdomains), option.

2. if you need to do it in the URL, you could add the code below to your URL...

http://demo.whmcs.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=5&domainoption=owndomain&sld=google&tld=org

and then add skipconfig=1 to it - remembering that skipping config will only work if there is no additional config needed... e.g if there is a config missing in your URL that is needed, then the client will be asked for it; if not, config should be skipped.