Limit invoices per customer to X/month

Tozz

We have some customers that have a large amount of domains registered with us. Lets say that they have 365 domains, were each domains expires on a unique date in the year. With WHMCS this means the customer will get 1 invoice every single day, 365 invoices per year.

I, and some of our customers, would like to limit this to eg. 1 invoice per month. There doesn't seem to be a possibility to change this in WHMCS itself, so I am looking for some insights on how I can achieve this. I know PHP pretty well, so it isn't very difficult for me to code something, but I dont know WHMCS that well.

Can i "tweak" WHMCS code so it does its invoicing differently?

I can think of two possible quick solutions to this...

1. either modify the next due date on these domains so that they have the same due date of the month... e.g if domain1.com NDD is today, and domain2.com is next Wednesday, change them both to the 1st February and then both would be added to the same invoice when it is generated by the cron.

if it were only a few domains, you could modify them manually - but if there are as many as it sounds there are, a simple SQL update query would probably be quicker.

2. there is a third-party addon module that can aggregate the invoicing so that there is only one generated per month (12 per year) for a client... it does a lot more than just that, so might be worth a look.

http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/3882/Billing-Extension.html

http://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?97886-Billing-Extension