how can i modify the left part ?

rob2

may i ask what files (.tpl ?) should i edit ?

sidebars, or specific items within them, can be modified using action hooks - there is no separate template for each sidebar item.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Editing_Client_Area_Menus

http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Sidebars_Cheatsheet

there is an example action hook below that would allow the altering of contents of that sidebar - it's not coded correctly in that it adds the replacement sidebar to every page in the client area, rather than modifying the content of the existing sidebar panel... but it might give you a starting point..

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?105295-Address-format-in-V6-02-Template-SIX

if not, what is it that you're wanting to do?

i read some post talking about it is harder to customizing v6 template,is it because people can not modify .tpl to apply it easily,but needing code hook to apply it,is it correct ?

some parts can be modified in the template (as before), others via hooks... I suppose it would be more difficult if you are not familiar with hooks and have to rely on the WHMCS documentation (which is inadequate) for help... but the more you do it, the easier it gets! :)

almost certainly, whatever you want to do, has already been done - sentq and myself have posted many working navbar/sidebar action hooks in the forums to do a lot of the basic things and i'd rely on them before using any code from the documentation. :idea:

i have a questions,some seller offer their own v6 themes,will those themes be more easier to edit ? thank you.

difficult question to answer - depends on the theme; the theme designer and your own editing skills.... chances are you would still need to use hooks to modify the client area navigation... and if not, you'd need to rely on the support and documentation of the designer.

the important thing to factor in when buying a template is support and updates - it's no good buying a template that works fine with v6.2.1, but when WHMCS is updated to v6.3, the site breaks and the designer is nowhere to be found... WHMCS support won't be of any help in those circumstances, and there would be little help I, or other forum users, could provide as we wouldn't necessarily have the template ourselves...