Product Setup Pricing Question

jdavis

I would like to setup a product that has the following attributes:

$99 Setup Fee

$79.95 Monthly Recurring Fee starting 30 days later or on the 1st of the following month.

I would like the $99 to be charged immediately, but the $79.95 monthly recurring fee to begin charging on the 1st day of the following month or 30 days from the date the order was submitted.

Is this possible and if so how do I set it up. The pricing tab on the product setup does not offer an option like this.

Every time I adjust the settings and then view it in the checkout it shows that it is charging for both the setup fee and the monthly fee right away totaling $179.94 due today.

Thank you for any help with this!

I think the easiest way you could do that in WHMCS would be to use a promotion.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Promotions

you could leave your product settings as they are, and use a promotion code to give the first month free - that way, the customer will initially be charged the setup fee, and the next month he'll start to be charged the recurring fee.

I know you're probably not thinking of it as a free month, but that would be the way to do it.

Thanks Brian,

I read into this solution by searching the forums. However I created a promotion and applied it to an order and now it says:

"The promotion code you entered has been applied to your cart but no items qualify for the discount yet - please check the promotion terms"

Now I am trying to figure out why it won't allow the discount and how to make it qualify.

I do not see an option in the promotion setup to apply this to this product or any other products.

Any thoughts?

Jamison

I do not see an option in the promotion setup to apply this to this product or any other products.

it is the "Applies To" field in the promotion code setup...

byS04D5.png

Next you need to select what products/addons/domain TLDs the promotion applies to and what billing cycles/registration periods are required for it to be applied - these should match those of your products.

TIP: Your can Ctrl+click to select multiple entries.

I assume you can add the products to the cart without issue... so WHMCS knows they exist?

it might be worth testing by adding your product group and products (or just one) to the WHMCS admin demo @ http://www.whmcs.com/demo/ - if it works in the demo (e.g you can see your products in the promotion applies box), then it should work on yours... if it doesn't, that implies that there is something wrong with the product setup.