domain validation on signup

AllanD

Sorry I have an increase with spammer registering under false/invalid domain names such as anything.com instead of an actual domain name. I was wanting to know if there is something that can check the domain name to make sure it is indeed a domain name and something made up. Almost like cpanel does when you enter a domain manually to create an account.

There is two options to validate your client email address:

1) Validate the Email format (anything@something.com) I think this is already done by WHMCS, it's easy to be done using PHP and/or JavaScript.

2) Check if the domain name of this email is a registered domain name, for this use this API Function within this ActionHook if it is invalid (Available Domain) so disable/close client account or even delete it.

• 2 weeks later...
There is two options to validate your client email address:

1) Validate the Email format (anything@something.com) I think this is already done by WHMCS, it's easy to be done using PHP and/or JavaScript.

2) Check if the domain name of this email is a registered domain name, for this use this API Function within this ActionHook if it is invalid (Available Domain) so disable/close client account or even delete it.

Would you happen to have a tut on how to do these, I tried and I really don't understand.