How to rename Standard_cart orderform?

AndyW

WHMCS > Health & Updates ask us to rename orderform Standard_cart and WHMCS documentation says the same if we customize the Standard_cart templates.

But when we do this and select the renamed orderform in WHMCS > General Settings > Ordering , save it and the try to order a product nothing works!

On looking at the orderform code (tpl files) we see most of the orderform tpl files ahve hardcode links to Standard_cart files (includes, css, js etc.). So we upload a fresh untouched Standard_cart directory in addition to our renamed Standard_cart directory with our customizations.

Now ordering start working BUT the customizations we made are lost as they are not called!!!(customizations reside in renamed_Standard_cart.)

What am I missing, how is this supposed to be done?

Edited by AndyW
formatting

Andy,

WHMCS > Health & Updates ask us to rename orderform Standard_cart and WHMCS documentation says the same if we customize the Standard_cart templates.

But when we do this and select the renamed orderform in WHMCS > General Settings > Ordering , save it and the try to order a product nothing works!

personally, i'd leave it as is and just take care when updating, but renaming it is not necessarily bad advice.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?107939-Copying-order-form-template

On looking at the orderform code (tpl files) we see most of the orderform tpl files ahve hardcode links to Standard_cart files (includes, css, js etc.). So we upload a fresh untouched Standard_cart directory in addition to our renamed Standard_cart directory with our customizations.

Now ordering start working BUT the customizations we made are lost as they are not called!!!(customizations reside in renamed_Standard_cart.)

What am I missing, how is this supposed to be done?

the way I would suggest would be to get a fresh untouched copy of "standard_cart" and upload it to the server.

then rename it to something else - for the sake of argument, let's call it "brian_cart" - now replace all references in the template code of "standard_cart" to "brian_cart" (or whatever you want to call it!).

i've just quickly done that in a bulk replace and there are 172 references to "standard_cart" in the template - you will have to change them ALL! :idea:

the files needed to be modified are...

adddomain.tpl
addons.tpl
checkout.tpl
common.tpl
complete.tpl
configuredomains.tpl
configureproduct.tpl
configureproductdomain.tpl
domainrenewals.tpl
error.tpl
fraudcheck.tpl
products.tpl
style.css
viewcart.tpl

i'd then go to setup -> general settings -> ordering and make "brian_cart" the default template.

then see if you can go through the order process using this cart - i've tried it here and it seems to work fine. :)

for this test, i've temporarily renamed the original "standard_cart" to "standard_cart9", and chosen "brian_cart" as the default and i'm seeing no errors in the logs.

if the duplicate "brian_cart" template is working for you, then you can begin applying your modifications again to the templates - i'd suggest editing the "brian_cart" templates directly one-by-one and not reuploading your old files - some of which might contain references to "standard_cart".