Trying to setup my 'Client Email Footer Content' within WHMCS Admin ==>> General Settings ==>> Mail

espinozj

Hey Everyone,

So I'm tweaking my WHMCS installlation...and I run into this area:

WHMCS Admin ==>> General Settings ==>> Mail ==>> Client Email Footer Content

I realize that this is pretty nifty, especially for marketing aspects, so I start tweaking it and running a few tests.

I also notice that it states that it accepts 'HTML'.

So I jump in DreamWeaver and create a pretty bad-ass footer for my email messages.

When I copy/paste the HTML code into the Field and try to Save Changes...I get the following error message:

----------------------------

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /central_admincenter/configgeneral.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----------------------------

Now keep in mind...I can type in and do other cool tweaks in this area...save changes with no problems and I'm fine.

It's just when pasting this DreamWeaver HTML5 code and try to save changes...that it generates this error.

I'm tempted to just manually download/edit and re-upload 'configgeneneral.php', however I don't want to break anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

J.

It's just when pasting this DreamWeaver HTML5 code and try to save changes...that it generates this error.

then there must be something in the code that WHMCS doesn't like... without seeing the code, only thing I can suggest is to paste it one line/block at a time and see when it breaks - that should help track down the issue.

I'm tempted to just manually download/edit and re-upload 'configgeneneral.php', however I don't want to break anything.

good luck with that - it's an encrypted file and if you decrypt it, you'll be breaking the terms of your WHMCS license! :roll: