Big Fonts after upgrade from 5.x to 6.1.1

rocconeri

it will likely be caused by a custom template and/or css clash.

also, looking at your site, it seems to be using a client theme based on Portal - that is no longer included with v6, so you may need to significantly update your theme for v6.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0_Release_Notes#Client_Area_Templates

With the release of WHMCS 6.0, we are also deprecating our two oldest client area template themes - classic and portal. As of this release these client area template themes will no longer ship with WHMCS and will receive no further updates. They will continue to remain in the 5.3.x releases until such time as 5.3 reaches End of Life

We strongly recommend that all new custom themes and templates are built based off the latest current client area template theme six in order to take full advantage of the latest improvements and new functionality.

it will likely be caused by a custom template and/or css clash.

also, looking at your site, it seems to be using a client theme based on Portal - that is no longer included with v6, so you may need to significantly update your theme for v6.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0_Release_Notes#Client_Area_Templates

I'm not refferring to my website where we still use version 5.x and everything is OK.

The problem is with version 6.x that I use for test, here I use the six template and the big fonts are on client and admin side

I'm not referring to my website where we still use version 5.x and everything is OK.

I knew the main site was still using v5, I merely mentioned the custom template for future reference. :idea:

The problem is with version 6.x that I use for test, here I use the six template and the big fonts are on client and admin side

same answer still applies - it's likely going to be a css issue.

without seeing the site, it's difficult to advise - if you compare your site to the WHMCS demo, do they look the same ?

if you compare your site to the WHMCS demo, do they look the same ?

Yes the site is the same as the WHMCS demo, and compared to the 5.x release the fonts are too big so the page shown are very confused. For this reason I would like to have the same fonts size as 5.x version where the pages appear to be very clean.

have you tried your custom template in v6 to see if it works? it's not a long-term solution now that Portal has been deprecated, but it might be work for now.

ideally, you should probably customise the Six theme for your needs.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Customising_the_Six_Theme

Brian thank you very much for taking the time to reply,

to be honest my main problem is on admin side, I looked to the version 5 and the admin side use the v4 template, I have the same template in 6.1.1 and there the font appear different. I tried to change template to blend and save but the fonts are big returninig to v4 template and no joy.

I think I need to look at the css but to be honest I don't know what css have the admin side fonts setting

to be honest my main problem is on admin side, I looked to the version 5 and the admin side use the v4 template, I have the same template in 6.1.1 and there the font appear different. I tried to change template to blend and save but the fonts are big returning to v4 template and no joy.

I think I need to look at the css but to be honest I don't know what css have the admin side fonts setting

i've not often used the v4 admin template, but I suspect the file you need to look at will be admin/templates/v4/style.css - comparing it to the v4/style.css from v5.3.14, there are a lot of differences, so that might explain why they'll look different.

using browser developer tools, firebug etc should help to identify the css you need to change.

i've not often used the v4 admin template, but I suspect the file you need to look at will be admin/templates/v4/style.css - comparing it to the v4/style.css from v5.3.14, there are a lot of differences, so that might explain why they'll look different.

using browser developer tools, firebug etc should help to identify the css you need to change.

I tried to compare also the version 5.x blend template with version 6 blend template and same here the fonts are bigger than version 5. I compared the style.css v4 from 5 and 6 using winmerge and the result is that they are completely different for both v4 and blend template so to obtain the same results as on whmcs 5 version is not sufficient to replace the pd style.css but a complete rewrite is necessary. so I decided to stay with the big fonts although it shown very unclean.

Thank you again