Manage NameServers

Guest vuzuggu

Guest vuzuggu

I use enom as a registrar and the module is great. For .com (and pretty much all domains) the manage nameservers form works perfectly.

However for one TLD the name-servers have to be changed manually with the registrar. How do I remove the form for these TLD domains?

I would suggest that one possible solution would be along similar lines to the thread below...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?108094-Disable-Registrar-Lock-option-for-unsupported-TLD

although for your issue, you wouldn't necessarily use a hook - as it's not a sidebar/navbar issue, nor is there an existing variable that you can manipulate to tweak the output.

it would require 2 or 3 template changes... e.g if you wanted to remove the "Manage Nameservers" dropdown link (My Domains - clientarea.php?action=domains) for each domain entry that used this particular TLD, you could modify clientareadomains.tps and replace...

<ul class="dropdown-menu text-left" role="menu">
                                       {if $domain.status eq 'Active'}
                                            <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaindetails&id={$domain.id}#tabNameservers"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-globe"></i>  {$LANG.domainmanagens}</a></li>
                                            <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaincontacts&domainid={$domain.id}"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-user"></i>  {$LANG.domaincontactinfoedit}</a></li>
                                            <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaindetails&id={$domain.id}#tabAutorenew"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-globe"></i>  {$LANG.domainautorenewstatus}</a></li>
                                           <li class="divider"></li>
                                       {/if}
                                        <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaindetails&id={$domain.id}"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></i>  {$LANG.managedomain}</a></li>
                                   </ul>

with..

<ul class="dropdown-menu text-left" role="menu">
                                       {if $domain.status eq 'Active'}
                                           {$tld=substr($domain.domain, strrpos($domain.domain, ".")+1)}
                                           {$blockedtlds=['info']}
                                           {if !in_array($tld,$blockedtlds)}
                                            <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaindetails&id={$domain.id}#tabNameservers"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-globe"></i>  {$LANG.domainmanagens}</a></li>{/if} 
                                            <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaincontacts&domainid={$domain.id}"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-user"></i>  {$LANG.domaincontactinfoedit}</a></li>
                                            <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaindetails&id={$domain.id}#tabAutorenew"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-globe"></i>  {$LANG.domainautorenewstatus}</a></li>
                                           <li class="divider"></li>
                                       {/if}
                                        <li><a  href="clientarea.php?action=domaindetails&id={$domain.id}"><i  class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil"></i>  {$LANG.managedomain}</a></li>
                                   </ul>

that will prevent the link appearing for any TLD that you have listed as being blocked - in the above code it will block .info domains from showing the link... your troublesome TLD will likely be something else... you can add more than one TLD to that array to block.

I think the other way to the Manage nameservers page is through the bulk dropdown at the bottom of the page - the simplest solution would be to remove the link...

<li><a href="#" id="nameservers"  class="setBulkAction"><i class="glyphicon  glyphicon-globe"></i>  {$LANG.domainmanagens}</a></li>

if you don't remove the link, then you may be looking at doing some serious modification to the bulkdomainmanagement.tpl template - wholly in the template itself, or with the additional help of an action hook.

if it were me, and for just one troublesome TLD, i'd just remove the bulk link! :)