Invoicing all messed up!

TWD-Tony

I just upgraded to v3.4.0 (yesterday - 21/10/2007) and all seemed to go well except that after the over night cron job Invoice(s) are all messed up!

Here is an example:

Customer "A" had an invoice (£10) created 16/10/2007 due on 21/10/2007 - which she has not paid... Fine, but the system has now created another invoice on the 22/10/2007 due on the 20/10/2007 according to the admin screen...!

Going into the Invoices shows that Invoice 1 is for hosting for 21/10/2007 - 20/11/2007 and Invoice 2 is for hosting dated 20/10/2007 - 19/11/2007

What's going on Matt! :?:

Have you enabled Continuous Invoice Generation?

If enabled, invoices will be generated on each cycle even if the previous invoice remains unpaid. If disabled, when an invoice is not paid, no further invoices will be generated for that item.

Have you enabled Continuous Invoice Generation?

If enabled, invoices will be generated on each cycle even if the previous invoice remains unpaid. If disabled, when an invoice is not paid, no further invoices will be generated for that item.

I don't understand the value in disabling continuous invoice generation. Can someone please explain it to me? For example, when I owe money to the phone company, they still send me an invoice every month. If I didn't pay the last month's bill, then the next invoice has a line which says "past unpaid invoice" or something to that effect.

Isn't this what WHMCS is doing if you have continuous invoice generation? And why would someone want to turn that off? If my phone company turned that off, then I can just not pay the bill and never again receive any more invoices!

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Tony,

This is unlikely to be a bug as otherwise it would be a widespread issue as 3.4 has been released a long time now. You need to open a support ticket so I can have a look at your setup.

Matt