Copying order form template

Guest vuzuggu

Guest vuzuggu

Under the WHMCS "Health Check" I received warnings because I was using the standard_cart and should have a custom one. So I copied all the files and created a new order form called custom_cart. However, everything appears to work perfectly until on a=checkout and pressing complete checkout it just refreshes the page removing the credit card info. Is there any way to trouble shoot/any suggestions.

Under the WHMCS "Health Check" I received warnings because I was using the standard_cart and should have a custom one. So I copied all the files and created a new order form called custom_cart. However, everything appears to work perfectly until on a=checkout and pressing complete checkout it just refreshes the page removing the credit card info. Is there any way to trouble shoot/any suggestions.

personally, i'd have ignored the health check and just left it as standard_cart - I know why it suggests to change it, as it would avoid update issues, but at least you knew it worked then. :)

three immediate things to check...

1. setup -> general settings -> ordering -> is the "custom_cart" template selected as the default?

2. do you have any products specificly using another template?

3. check the code in the templates - there are plenty of links in them to 'standard_cart' which you should probably rename to 'custom_cart'...

Guest vuzuggu

Thanks Brian.

1. yes I do have it selected as default.

2. Nope, all are set to use default cart.

3. Been through the code once, but looks like I'll be going through it again!

• 1 month later...
Guest vuzuggu

I have copied the folder standard_cart and renamed it to custom_cart.

I tried with and without a theme.yaml file containing:

config:

parent: standard_cart

I tried changing all references to standard_cart to my new order form name custom_cart and tried without changing.

Everything appears to be working except the final step of checkout where the page reloads when you press "Complete Order"

Edited by vuzuggu

I have copied the folder standard_cart and renamed it to custom_cart.

I tried with and without a theme.yaml file containing:

config:

parent: standard_cart

did you try changing the custom_cart/theme.yaml to say parent: custom_cart ?

anyway, I don't think this order-form needs it, only those new slider order forms if you want them to use this custom template.

I tried changing all references to standard_cart to my new order form name wupav_cart and tried without changing.

the question has to be asked, what is the name of the custom cart - wupav_cart or custom_cart? doesn't matter which, but you'll need to be consistent... although I can see wupav_cart exists, but custom_cart doesn't...

Everything appears to be working except the final step of checkout where the page reloads when you press "Complete Order"

two further things to look at...

1. wupav_cart/fraudcheck.tpl still contains a couple of links to standard_cart

2. wupav_cart/viewcart.tpl contains the following code...

{include file="orderforms/$carttpl/checkout.tpl"}

I don't know what the value of $carttpl is - it should be wupav_cart, but adding {debug} to the template should tell you.

it might be worth hardcoding the link and replacing $carttpl with wupav_cart - then see if that fixes the checkout issue.

Guest vuzuggu
did you try changing the custom_cart/theme.yaml to say parent: custom_cart ?

Just tried that there but it didn't make a difference.

the question has to be asked, what is the name of the custom cart - xxxx_cart or custom_cart? doesn't matter which, but you'll need to be consistent... although I can see xxx_cart exists, but custom_cart doesn't...

It is the later, but was a slip on my behalf. Ideally I will be hiding the name of the business.

two further things to look at...

1. custom_cart/fraudcheck.tpl still contains a couple of links to standard_cart

2. custom_cart/viewcart.tpl contains the following code...

{include file="orderforms/$carttpl/checkout.tpl"}

I don't know what the value of $carttpl is - it should be custom_cart, but adding {debug} to the template should tell you.

I am currently working on a local copy on my laptop and the files are updated. The $carttpl does relate to custom_cart.

it might be worth hardcoding the link and replacing $carttpl with custom_cart - then see if that fixes the checkout issue.

No luck I'm afraid. I have a support ticket open with WHMCS but they are quite slow to respond. I'd have thought this would be a very simple process but seems to be something small causing the issues. I'm not really sure if it is worth all this effort and I should just overwrite the CSS in standard_cart but I like doing everything by the book!

No luck I'm afraid. I have a support ticket open with WHMCS but they are quite slow to respond. I'd have thought this would be a very simple process but seems to be something small causing the issues. I'm not really sure if it is worth all this effort and I should just overwrite the CSS in standard_cart but I like doing everything by the book!

you can see why I said I would have left it as standard_cart and just modified it! :)

even if/when you get the custom cart working, you're still going to need to check the changelog to see what changes have been made after each update... if all you wanted to do is change the css and not modify any of the templates, then i'd have just done that and not made a custom cart... that way after each whmcs update, you'll just need to check the css file - all other template files could just be uploaded without checking.