Change order of 'Client Details' in Client Area, possible?

-M-

Just a quick question, couldn't find this on my own, therefor probably not possible?

In the 'Client Area' I want to change the order of 'Client Details'.

Currently it reads:

- Company name

- Person's name

- Street + number

- City

- Province

- ZIP code

- Country

I want to change this, if possible, to:

- Company name

- Person's name

- Street + number

- ZIP code + City

- Province

- Country

It's not a major thing, pure something cosmetic.

Also this is not the correct way to show address details in the Netherlands, but that's just a sidenote.

In the meantime I will try to search a bit deeper into this, but I don't think it's possible to change the display order?

//update

I think the only way to achieve this, is by creating a complete new Sidebar Menu, right?

Will give that a go in the meantime.

Edited by MvdL1979
Possible solution, or workaround provided.

• 5 years later...
11 hours ago, AzeDK said:

Can I get the solution as well, if you can find it again 🙂

sadly, can't help with this one... October 2015 would have been the during the days of the older forums software and the old PMs weren't transferred over to here.

though the thread is six years old, so there would be no guarantees that any answer from then would be the best solution now.

I suspect that the answer I will have given then would have been to just change the order of the form fields in the template - the same answer probably still applies today.

51 minutes ago, brian! said:

I suspect that the answer I will have given then would have been to just change the order of the form fields in the template - the same answer probably still applies today.

Yah, its a sidebar item though, so only way i know of fixing it, is removing it, and bulding a new one up from the ground.

Thanks anyway 🙂

11 minutes ago, AzeDK said:

Yah, its a sidebar item though, so only way i know of fixing it, is removing it, and building a new one up from the ground.

oh the sidebar... I couldn't remember if he was asking about the form or that.... now I remember why I didn't post the solution back then publicly because I had plans for the code!

for this, you wouldn't need to rebuild from scratch, just rebuild the body of the existing sidebar.

now that it might be about a hook rather than a template edit, checking my extensive hook aarchive, I know that I will have a copy of the hook I wrote back in 2015, check your PM - it still works in v8.1+

5 minutes ago, brian! said:

now that it might be about a hook rather than a template edit, checking my extensive hook aarchive, I know that I will have a copy of the hook I wrote back in 2015, check your PM - it still works in v8.1+

Works like a charm thanks 🙂