Cart customization question

raatt

I wanted a really, seemingly, simple modification made to my WHMCS cart (the web20 one, if it matters), so I found some guy on freelancer. Too much time later, dude is telling me that it is not possible due to a restriction in WHMCS.

Now, I'm no programmer, but I can walk through code and see what things do. Just as a test, I borrowed the product listing code off products.tpl and got nothing. This seems to be because $products doesn't get set, so I left it at that. I digress.

The modification is as follows:

I want configuredomains.tpl to list all the hosting packages to choose from (the hosting product group), after the domain is added. That's all.

Can someone tell me that I'm not crazy and this is indeed possible?

The modification is as follows:

I want configuredomains.tpl to list all the hosting packages to choose from (the hosting product group), after the domain is added. That's all.

Can someone tell me that I'm not crazy and this is indeed possible?

well i'm not medically qualified, so I don't know if you're crazy or not! :twisted:

I think the answer to whether it's possible comes in three parts...

1. web20cart is not included with v6, so if you're using v5.3 (or older) and want to update to v6, you'll almost certainly need to use another order-form template.

2. listing all of the products on the configuredomains.tpl template could be done using a hook or data feed - it's just a query to the database and then outputting the result.

3. where you may come unstuck is if you then wanted to add a hosting product to the domain on that page - i'm not necessarily saying it can't be done, just that you might run into issues... perhaps that is what your developer has in mind.