Removing text string from page (configureproduct.tpl)...?

-M-

Hi guys,

Need some help with this. I am trying to remove a particular text string from my page (configureproduct.tpl), however I am failing miserably.

I have the following text-string: "+ 25,00 EUR one-time setup fee"

I can obviously change the lange file, however I don't want to do this, because of my other products. Also it will remove the text partially.

Is there a way, by Javascript or jQuery to remove this string from the complete page?

...I already tried several things, but no luck at all.

Maybe someone else, with more experience to jQuery and/or JS, can solve this one?

Ofcourse hiding this text string is also an option, instead of removing. Forgot to mention this.

I already tried asking this on Stackoverflow, but people aren't much helpful over there. Probably because it's a silly question, however I cannot get this done. The "best" result I got so far was removing *everything*. Sigh.

//edit

For example I tried the following, but it doesn't work.

<script type="text/javascript">
var string = '+ 25,00 EUR one-time setup fee';

//Replace text with space
var new_string = string.replace('+ 25,00 EUR one-time setup fee', ' ');

alert(string + '\n' + new_string);
</script>

Edited by MvdL1979
Added an example (which doesn't work).

my first thought would be to modify it in the template using Smarty - either using 'replace' or wrapping it in an {if} statement and removing that text if certain conditions exist.

a screenshot and knowing which order form template you're using would have been helpful, but if you can find where it's being generated, it should be simple to tweak.

Hi Brian,

I mentioned it was in the configureproduct.tpl template file. It's automatically generated under:

<div class="form-group">
                                                   <label for="inputConfigOption{$configoption.id}">{$configoption.optionname}</label>
                                                   <select name="configoption[{$configoption.id}]" id="inputConfigOption{$configoption.id}" class="form-control">
                                                       {foreach key=num2 item=options from=$configoption.options}
                                                           <option value="{$options.id}"{if $configoption.selectedvalue eq $options.id} selected="selected"{/if}>
                                                               {$options.name}
                                                           </option>
                                                       {/foreach}
                                                   </select>

I don't think I can remove text partially from that, which is being generated on the fly?

That's why I was looking for a JS or JQ solution. But that's me, maybe I am thinking to difficult. :|

I mentioned it was in the configureproduct.tpl template file.

yes - but not which one... they're not all exactly the same you know! :)

It's automatically generated under:

ok, it's standard_cart. :idea:

I don't think I can remove text partially from that, which is being generated on the fly?

That's why I was looking for a JS or JQ solution. But that's me, maybe I am thinking to difficult. :|

oh it's absolutely possible to remove partial text using Smarty... it's being generated in php and passed to a Smarty variable - once its passed, you can manipulate it however you want (within reason!).

first thing to do is add {debug} to the very end of the template code, refresh the page in the browser and you should get a popup window of all the Smarty variables and arrays available to the page.

somewhere in that window will be the "+ 25,00 EUR one-time setup fee" string you want to remove - once you know which variable in generating the text, then you can either replace it or wrap it in a condition..

let's say you want to replace it, you can use the following (change $variable to the variable you want to modify)..

{$variable|replace:'+ 25,00 EUR one-time setup fee':''}

if $variable contains that string, it will be removed; if it doesn't, it will be displayed as normal.

the example above would only work for English - if you are using other languages on the client area, you may need multiple replaces...

Thank you for explaining Brian.

I did check the variables with {debug} and I did found the variable I want to remove/replace, however it's show in the {debug} screen as:

name => "Example Server €5,00 EUR + €25,00 EUR ..."

It's not written full, I think the English word for this "abbreviated"..?

Does this matter, or?

Also, there is another thing I am trying. I want to get rid off every €0.00 EUR values. If they aren't calculated, like included or free, it shouldn't display €0.00 EUR at all. Is there an easy way to hide all those €0.00 EUR values in one single go?

I did see the values in {debug}, but they are written like 0.00 obviously (so without € and EUR).