Change Zip Code to Postcode in Register.php

melds

I am setting up a UK web host platform. I need the Register.php to say

County (instead of State/Region)

Postcode (instead of Zip Code)

Do I need to change the language file clientregister.tpl(strangely it says postcode for the form group but shows zip code) or is there a UK setting somewhere in the admin.

I also need to change the default currency to £ from USD.

Thanks in advance

Do I need to change the language file clientregister.tpl(strangely it says postcode for the form group but shows zip code) or is there a UK setting somewhere in the admin.

to do this, there should be no need to edit the templates, just use Language Overrides...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Language_Overrides

e.g change ZIP code in the overrides/english.php file using..

<?php
$_LANG['clientareapostcode'] = "Postcode";
$_LANG['clientareastate'] = "County";

you should probably look for other references to Zip Code and State in the language file(s).

I also need to change the default currency to £ from USD.

if you have no existing transactions/invoices/orders, just edit the existing USD currency to £ and GBP

Is it ok to override the language/core files? It won't affect any future version updates etc

it's ok as long as you don't edit the existing language files (client or admin) - as described in the overrides link above, create an overrides folder and put your changes in there for each language you use.

the content of the overrides folder won't get changed or removed by future WHMCS updates - but the existing language files will... which is why you shouldn't edit those!