One login for customers (WHMCS & cPanel accounts)

velocity

Hi,

Has anyone ever managed to to set WHMCS up so that customers can link directly to their control panels in cPanel without requiring a separate login?

Currently if customer has 10 websites they'll need to remember 11 username and password combinations (including WHMCS). If you just wanted to go and add a new email account for each for example that could be quite an irritating procedure. Ideally it would be good for them to just have to login to WHMCS then be able to click straight through to any control panel for their sites without further authentication.

Have them log in and then click on My Hosting Packages. The next page will list all their accounts and then they click on View Details next to the account they want to access. On the next page is the button to go into CPanel.

On all my servers, I have removed the capability for them to changes their CPanel password and I have also removed it the capability to do so from within WHMCS.

When I was using AWBS, I added a list of control panel links to the main customer page, which would launch a customer directly into their control panel. That way they'd have control panel access immediately after logging in, rather than having to navigate to the hosting package details.

I'm planning to do the same with WHMCS in the next couple days, once I clean up problems with the data import. I'll be happy to share the code.

With a smarter php include it should be a snap, provided php has access to the client id within an include, which I'm sure it must.

It'll only do cpanel and helm links though - as those are the platforms we use.

• 2 weeks later...
When I was using AWBS, I added a list of control panel links to the main customer page, which would launch a customer directly into their control panel. That way they'd have control panel access immediately after logging in, rather than having to navigate to the hosting package details.

I'm planning to do the same with WHMCS in the next couple days, once I clean up problems with the data import. I'll be happy to share the code.

With a smarter php include it should be a snap, provided php has access to the client id within an include, which I'm sure it must.

It'll only do cpanel and helm links though - as those are the platforms we use.

that would be cool to have :-)

Welcome Troy! I am pretty sure that I used that mod when I was with AWBS. Didn't you also do the ones with the TOS, AUP and Privacy?

John

I didn't actually share the mod I did for AWBS. I was the one who wrote the piping script for AWBS though, before they put there own in (which didn't work nearly as well.)

Finally had to abandon AWBS, and am liking whmcs much better, though I have some lingering issues with it too.

At any rate, I posted the control panel link code here today:

http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38418#38418