How can I sell/promote domain ID protection to my existing clients?

bobrandklev

We have enabled ID protection as a domain add on and want to promote our existing clients, who already have domains registered with us via ENOM.

I'd like to email these clients and have them login to their WHMCS account and order the service.... is this possible?

Or is it something on renewal we can offer or ???

We auto generate invoices on domain renewals but how do we upsell ID Protection?

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions.

if you don't need to check whether these clients are already using ID Protection, or which TLDs they have, then you could use the Mass Mail option within WHMCS.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Mass_Mail

The Mass Mail Tool allows the sending of an email message to a group of clients ranging from every client on file to those who meet specific criteria.

so for "Email Type", select "Domain"; for "Client Status" and "Domain Status", choose "Active" -> press "Compose Message" and you should then see a blank email with a list of recipients.

the difficult part would be that ID Protection from Enom is only available for a few TLDs - it's certainly all of them - so you could end up emailing a customer who doesn't have a domain they could add this service too.

I think you should have a play with using the merge fields, e.g {$domain_tld} to test which domains a client has, and try to make the text appropriate to them - obviously, send test emails only to yourself until you are happy with the output.