Is it possible to add product / article numbers to products?

-M-

Hi guys,

We recently purchased a monthly (unbranded) WHMCS license to see if it's a good replacement for our hosting company, before upgrading to a fully owned license. So far we are really liking it. We want to get rid of our current Joomla system we are using (for website and ordering).

FYI: we aren't going to use the invoice system from WHMCS (I already managed to disable / hide it from the client panel by using hooks). Reason for this, is that we have been using the same billing system for over 10 years now and we prefer to keep using that.

Now I am wondering; is there a way (or module) to add product/article numbers (like SKU's and EAN for goods) to domainnames, webhosting packages, options and servers? We also need to be able to enter different product/article numbers for pricing terms like quarterly and annually.

Since an example says more than a thousand words, I will give an example.

For example:

Server A being billed annually has item code 000012

Server A being billed quarterly has item code 000016

Options, configurations, etc. also should have their own item codes...

I hope this makes sense to someone.

So, does anybody knows if this is even possible, or if there is a module already out there (free or commercial)...?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

So, does anybody knows if this is even possible, or if there is a module already out there (free or commercial)...?

I guess it would be possible - but i'm not aware of any existing module that can do it.

products could have custom fields, but that wouldn't help you with domains, servers, configurable options, billing cycles etc which can't (or more accurately, currently don't).

it might be worth posting in Marketplace to get quotes for the cost of coding such a solution - then you'll be in a better position to decide whether its cost-effective to use WHMCS for your needs or to look elsewhere.