Mail Server on a Linux Server and Web on IIS?

imangm

Question

Hi there,

I wanna switch to WHCMS but I have a question. Is it possible to have a Linux mail server and a windows web server (with different control panels) in WHCMS?

I mean is this what WHCMS will do (creating domains on different Control Panels on different servers?) or WHCMS will only send the create command to a single control panel for a website which is created inside it?

Thanks,

Iman

2 answers to this question

Only one module can be selected per product/service. You will either need a custom provisioning module to handle both or perhaps action hooks to call the second module. It is not possible out of the box but definitely possible with some development, perhaps contact one of the third party module developers such as ModulesGarden.

yes you can have mutiple servers and have them all run from the same WHMCS installation by following this http://docs.whmcs.com/Servers. If you have the same plans on both your linux and Windows server then you would have to create duplicate products/services and then link 1 to the linux server and the other 1 to the windows server. http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_Management