Customize Support Tickets

MJHost

Is it possible to stop clients from closing tickets?

I want the tickets to close after a certain amount of time, or when staff close them, not the client.

Basically, I want to know if it is possible to remove the "close" button when viewing a ticket in the client area. I can't seem to find anything in the templates.

Thank you

I used the code you quoted in http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?94895-Support-ticket-close-only-by-admin, but it doesn't seem to work, I can't find any reference to the "Close" button being called in the viewticket.tpl

I am using V6.

Here is the code.

{if $invalidTicketId}

{include file="$template/includes/alert.tpl" type="danger" title=$LANG.thereisaproblem msg=$LANG.supportticketinvalid textcenter=true}

{else}

{if $closedticket}
       {include file="$template/includes/alert.tpl" type="warning" msg=$LANG.supportticketclosedmsg textcenter=true}
   {/if}

{if $errormessage}
       {include file="$template/includes/alert.tpl" type="error" errorshtml=$errormessage}
   {/if}

{/if}

{if !$invalidTicketId}

<div class="panel panel-info panel-collapsable{if !$postingReply} panel-collapsed{/if} hidden-print">
       <div class="panel-heading" id="ticketReply">
           <div class="collapse-icon pull-right">
               <i class="fa fa-{if !$postingReply}plus{else}minus{/if}"></i>
           </div>
           <h3 class="panel-title">
               <i class="fa fa-pencil"></i>   {$LANG.supportticketsreply}
           </h3>
       </div>
       <div class="panel-body{if !$postingReply} panel-body-collapsed{/if}">

<form method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?tid={$tid}&c={$c}&postreply=true" enctype="multipart/form-data" role="form" id="frmReply">

<div class="row">
                   <div class="form-group col-sm-4">
                       <label for="inputName">{$LANG.supportticketsclientname}</label>
                       {if $loggedin}
                           <input class="form-control disabled" type="text" id="inputName" value="{$clientname}" disabled="disabled" />{else}<input class="form-control" type="text" name="replyname" id="inputName" value="{$replyname}" />
                       {/if}
                   </div>
                   <div class="form-group col-sm-5">
                       <label for="inputEmail">{$LANG.supportticketsclientemail}</label>
                       {if $loggedin}
                           <input class="form-control disabled" type="text" id="inputEmail" value="{$email}" disabled="disabled" />{else}<input class="form-control" type="text" name="replyemail" id="inputEmail" value="{$replyemail}" />
                       {/if}
                   </div>
               </div>

<div class="form-group">
                   <label for="inputMessage">{$LANG.contactmessage}</label>
                   <textarea name="replymessage" id="inputMessage" rows="12" class="form-control">{$replymessage}</textarea>
               </div>

<div class="row form-group">
                   <div class="col-sm-12">
                       <label for="inputAttachments">{$LANG.supportticketsticketattachments}</label>
                   </div>
                   <div class="col-sm-9">
                       <input type="file" name="attachments[]" id="inputAttachments" class="form-control" />
                       <div id="fileUploadsContainer"></div>
                   </div>
                   <div class="col-sm-3">
                       <button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-block" onclick="extraTicketAttachment()">
                           <i class="fa fa-plus"></i> {$LANG.addmore}
                       </button>
                   </div>
                   <div class="col-xs-12 ticket-attachments-message text-muted">
                       {$LANG.supportticketsallowedextensions}: {$allowedfiletypes}
                   </div>
               </div>

<div class="form-group text-center">
                   <input class="btn btn-primary" type="submit" name="save" value="{$LANG.supportticketsticketsubmit}" />
                   <input class="btn btn-default" type="reset" value="{$LANG.cancel}" onclick="jQuery('#ticketReply').click()" />
               </div>

</form>

</div>
   </div>

{foreach from=$descreplies key=num item=reply}
       <div class="ticket-reply{if $reply.admin} staff{/if}">
           <div class="date">
               {$reply.date}
           </div>
           <div class="user">
               <i class="fa fa-user"></i>
               <span class="name">
                   {$reply.name}
               </span>
               <span class="type">
                   {if $reply.admin}
                       {$LANG.supportticketsstaff}
                   {elseif $reply.contactid}
                       {$LANG.supportticketscontact}
                   {elseif $reply.userid}
                       {$LANG.supportticketsclient}
                   {else}
                       {$reply.email}
                   {/if}
               </span>
           </div>
           <div class="message">
               {$reply.message}
               {if $reply.id && $reply.admin && $ratingenabled}
                   <div class="clearfix">
                       {if $reply.rating}
                           <div class="rating-done">
                               {for $rating=1 to 5}
                                   <span class="star{if (5 - $reply.rating) < $rating} active{/if}"></span>
                               {/for}
                               <div class="rated">{$LANG.ticketreatinggiven}</div>
                           </div>
                       {else}
                           <div class="rating" ticketid="{$tid}" ticketkey="{$c}" ticketreplyid="{$reply.id}">
                               <span class="star" rate="5"></span>
                               <span class="star" rate="4"></span>
                               <span class="star" rate="3"></span>
                               <span class="star" rate="2"></span>
                               <span class="star" rate="1"></span>
                           </div>
                       {/if}
                   </div>
               {/if}
           </div>
           {if $reply.attachments}
               <div class="attachments">
                   <strong>{$LANG.supportticketsticketattachments} ({$reply.attachments|count})</strong>
                   <ul>
                       {foreach from=$reply.attachments key=num item=attachment}
                           <li><i class="fa fa-file-o"></i> <a href="dl.php?type={if $reply.id}ar&id={$reply.id}{else}a&id={$id}{/if}&i={$num}">{$attachment}</a></li>
                       {/foreach}
                   </ul>
               </div>
           {/if}
       </div>
   {/foreach}

{/if}

I used the code you quoted in http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?94895-Support-ticket-close-only-by-admin, but it doesn't seem to work, I can't find any reference to the "Close" button being called in the viewticket.tpl

I am using V6.

apologies for that - it looks like WHMCS have moved it from the template to the sidebar - so quick ticket template changes won't work in v6. MediaWiki_Emoticons_Shaking_Head_No.GIF

I suspect you'll need to use an action hook to modify the sidebar.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Editing_Client_Area_Menus

http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Sidebars_Cheatsheet

unfortunately, I think the "Close" button is in the footer of the sidebar, and the above documentation doesn't mention how to modify the footer... and i've never had the need to modify a sidebar footer yet!

unless somebody else knows how to do it, it might be worth a ticket to support to see if they can give you a clue... if they can, come back and tell the rest of us!

apologies for that - it looks like WHMCS have moved it from the template to the sidebar - so quick ticket template changes won't work in v6. MediaWiki_Emoticons_Shaking_Head_No.GIF

I suspect you'll need to use an action hook to modify the sidebar.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Editing_Client_Area_Menus

http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Sidebars_Cheatsheet

unfortunately, I think the "Close" button is in the footer of the sidebar, and the above documentation doesn't mention how to modify the footer... and i've never had the need to modify a sidebar footer yet!

unless somebody else knows how to do it, it might be worth a ticket to support to see if they can give you a clue... if they can, come back and tell the rest of us!

I have just opened a ticket with support, fingers crossed they can help. I will update either way. Thank you again for your help.