Any mail that sent to my WHMCS is deliverd to one department

ramf

Hi,

Can you please help me?

I have several departments configured in my whmcs.

I have set up the ticket importing using POP3 Import method.

Now if I'm sending mail to the first department it reach the right department.

But if I'm sending mail to any other department - the mail is open to the first department.

Can you help?

What should I do to allow each department to get the right mail?

Thanks!

Ram

Hi,

As far as I can tell from my research is that Maybe the problem is when the name of the contact is in foreign characters.

When I'm sending from another mail without the foreign characters - the mail seems to be o.k.

Only If the address is without foreign characters in the contact name the mail is imported to the right place, but when I have foreign characters in the contact name - the mail is imported to the wrong department.

When using mail forwarding option there is no problem.

So the problem is just with foreign characters in the contact name (that contact we are sending mail to) using pop import....

Ram

Hi,

I did some more testing.

Now it seems that the problem is unrelated to foreign characters.

It looks like every time there is a name in the "to" field in a mail (by using a contact I created and / or by replaying to a mail that someone sent me that have a name) - and not only email address, the mail won't reach the right place while using POP3 Import method.

With Email forwarding everything works great.

Ram

I can confirm this, it is not related to characters, etc, any mail imported is deleivered to the first address on your support departments list. this only happened from 6 onwards.

have you changed your crons to the crons folder or are you still using your pipe folder crons. ?

Hi,

This is what I got from WHMCS support:

====================================================

Hi Ram,

I can advise we have now been able to identify the cause of the problem and as such case #CORE-8787 has been opened with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases. Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log.

=====================================================

This is a bug - every time there is a name in the "to" field in a mail (by using a contact I created and / or by replaying to a mail that someone sent me that have a name) - and not only email address, the mail won't reach the right place while using POP3 Import method.

You can contact the support center and ask them for a fix - there is one.

Thanks,

Ram

• 4 weeks later...