Customise status page

I offer more services than just hosting and currently have customers going to various status pages for different services, i was wondering if it was possible to keep the live server status on the status page but include a list of other services with green ticks, where i could change the green tick to red if there where a problem with that service.

the extras i would need would be

Mailserver

Hosted Telecoms

Broadband Services

SMS Services

FAX Services

if i could just simply get them to come up as a list with green ticks next to them, then change it to a red cross if there is a problem when i add a fault status related to that service, then go green when i close it.

dont know if i am asking too much here or if there would be a heavy cost involved as i am not a developer in any sense of the word.

difficult to offer anything other than general advice without seeing your current status page, but the simplest solution could be to modify the status/index.php file (it's not encrypted) and add the required html... that's if you're just hard coding the other services with/without green ticks that you can manually edit.

depending on the methods you use for the other service statuses, it might be possible to merge them into one page, or at least use their output to auto change the ticks - but with things like this, the devil is in the detail and probably more info is required about how the other statuses work.

my status page is the standard one that comes with version 6 - ctronline.co.uk is where whmcs is installed if you want to see the status page.

the other services i change the status manually, so basically i get an email from my hosted telecoms provider telling my there is say a database error and it will be fixed within 20 mins. I would like to be able to login to whmcs and change the status of hosted telecoms to red and add a description of the fault which i can do already its just the service list with red or green i am missing

ok, there's a possible way to do this - slightly frustratingly, you can almost do it without resorting to action hooks, but I doubt that you can do it fully, with v6, without writing one or more.

so as I suggested earlier, you could modify one of the client templates - and get it to display a status icon based on the network issues listed... e.g, let's say you have posted an issue about SMS Services, you could add Smarty code so that the icon changes from green to red (or yellow depending on the issue), triggered by the status of the issue - if it's anything other than resolved, it's red... then if you resolve or delete the issue, it status icon reverts back to green... that's relatively straightforward to do. :idea:

I just did a quick test of the Smarty on my dev site, so it can be done...

/http://i.imgur.com/Nl4Xt0W.png

where it comes slightly unstuck is if you click on the "scheduled" or "resolved" links, as you then lose access to the current open issues - which tells the code what the current status of the service(s) is/are.

LaieA_011.gif

that's where an action hook may be required - either to modify the sidebars to remove the non-open issue links, or to query the database to get all the current open network issues... i'd probably suggest going for the latter option.

Edited by brian!

that looks exactly as i want, so the question is how much to do it for me or give me step by step on how to do it. i am not after something for nothing, just something that works and information on what to save and put back when an upgrade happens. i don't mind paying to have it setup to work properly as this will make it so much better for my customers and me.

let me know how much you want and what login information you need and of course how to send you the information. thats if your willing to do it for me of course. I am really grateful to you for looking in to this for me already.

thats if your willing to do it for me of course. I am really grateful to you for looking in to this for me already.

always happen to help. :idea:

when you get to 5 posts, you should be able to use the private messaging here in the forums - when that occurs, drop me a PM and I can get some more details from you about the desired output and triggering rules.