when upgrading to 6.0.0 -- no button/etc on Step 2

cyberoptik

When upgrading to the new version, I uploaded all of the files over my existing installation (after making backups).

When running the install I get to step 2, which says I am running an old version and it will be updating it to v6. If then provides no button to get to the next step.

Anyone else have this issue?

After waiting ~15 hours for a reply from customer support, I was told this was likely due to PDO not being setup on the server (something that could of easily been checked since they had full access)... which is indeed already setup, so no solution as of yet.

I had the same problem, nothing on step 2. It turned out that version 6 requires PHP Database Extension PDO and it wasn't enabled on the server. I rebuilt the server with PDO enabled and it fixed the problem.

On the install I had to manually go to step 2 in order to get back to step 2. For some reason the front end of the install was just blank so I typed the URL to step 2 and it worked from there.

/install/install.php?step=2

When upgrading to the new version, I uploaded all of the files over my existing installation (after making backups).

When running the install I get to step 2, which says I am running an old version and it will be updating it to v6. If then provides no button to get to the next step.

Anyone else have this issue?

OR alternatively delete the mysql user and associate it again with the database (same details as you have in config.php) and that worked for me!

i too spend ages figuring this out

How I fixed this error:

Log into your cPanel, open phpmyadmin, go databases, delete the privileged user for the whmcs database, then remake the same user with the same name & password, then run the install.php file again, you should be able to finish the install.

Owen

Hi Owen. I'm having the same issue. When you refer to the 'privileged user' in the database what are you actually referring to. Is it the 'tbladmins' table?

Sorry I'm not the most technical guy so I just want to be sure. Also, if this is the right area I have two administrators. Do I need to delete both?

Thanks for your time.

Thank you @owengreaves. I had the exact same error and this fixed it. However your instructions were incorrect. The correct way is:

- Go to MySQL Databases

- Remove "User" from the database

- Remove the user

- Add the user (use same username and password)

- Then assign user to the database again

Hope this helps you @mikele and anyone else.

How I fixed this error:

Log into your cPanel, open phpmyadmin, go databases, delete the privileged user for the whmcs database, then remake the same user with the same name & password, then run the install.php file again, you should be able to finish the install.

Owen

Edited by LifeSteala
Referenced user of earlier post

Thank you @owengreaves. I had the exact same error and this fixed it. However your instructions were incorrect. The correct way is:

- Go to MySQL Databases

- Remove "User" from the database

- Remove the user

- Add the user (use same username and password)

- Then assign user to the database again

Hope this helps you @mikele and anyone else.

Amazing! Thank you so much. That worked ;)