Portal Template Server Status

Boss

I am using the Portal Template and by default the link for Server Status is available.

BUT.

A new thing is happening when I click the link.

If Not logged in I am presented with this TEXT:

<!--

You must be logged in to check if any of the services on our servers are down or to check your individual

server status. To locate the server name you are on, please view your hosting account details.

This I OK, but as you can see there is a an error at the top and the word "details" is actually a link that points to "https://yourdomainnamehere/WHMCS/clientarea.php?action=hosting". Which is obviously wrong.

But I can not find where this text is coming from so that I can do anything with it.

Does anyone know where to edit this, please?

This is not the default. I remember seeing something vaguely like this on the forums so looks like you are using an addon and have set it up incorrectly.

Matt

Yes you are correct Matt.

You made think some more about it, so I went looking some more. (mind you after I had already been looking for at least an hour or so).

I'm using the file from this topic, top of page 2 http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4619&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=server+satus&start=15 and I never realised the script did what it does, nor that even the text was there in that file.

Thanks.

I don't want to sound round, but if you didn't realize what the script did, why would you even integrate it?

I mean, surely I'm not the only person that actually looks through code they're entering in their website. I want to know what I'm adding, and ensure that it won't ruin my companies integrity....

I don't want to sound round, but if you didn't realize what the script did, why would you even integrate it?

I mean, surely I'm not the only person that actually looks through code they're entering in their website. I want to know what I'm adding, and ensure that it won't ruin my companies integrity....

You misunderstanding what I wrote.

I knew what the script did all in all but it had extra code with it that was not mentioned and I had not realised the, if not logged in, bit was there before the 3.4 update as I had my own code that did not show the server links in the first place. So when testing I was always logged in.

So the issue never arose.

Do you understand now?

I never realised the script did what it does

For the benefit of the rest of us, please could you put your computer back in it's packaging and return it to the shop for a refund.

there always one smart arse isn't there.

I guess your just perfect, and don't make mistakes in any form.

I sounds like your the one that should just drop off. your obviously a lot help to no one.

P.S. Unlike some I don't have all day every day to just sit down and examine code to the enth degree

You misunderstanding what I wrote.

I knew what the script did all in all but it had extra code with it that was not mentioned and I had not realised the, if not logged in, bit was there before the 3.4 update as I had my own code that did not show the server links in the first place. So when testing I was always logged in.

So the issue never arose.

Do you understand now?

I still understand that you added coding without reading about what it did first. I can SKIM through the code (and not have to examine it to the "enth degree") and see that there are else/if statements involved. If I didn't already know what action they performed, I would've questioned it in the thread I found it in.

I'm only saying this for your sake, that in the future you really need to be more wary of coding you add to your website. If you don't want to spend time and examine code to ensure that it's safe and is going to do the job you need or if you don't know what it all entails/performs, THEN DONT ADD IT.