Editing Orders

xxkylexx

Hey Matt,

Is there any way to edit a specific order after it has been placed? I know on certain occasions I need to edit something to do with an order, and can never find an option how to.

For example, I just had a recent order where the guy ordered a domain transfer with his order, only because he was confused and thought that was what he needed. Now I'm just going to credit his account for the purchase and delete the domain from his account with me. Problem is, even if I delete the domain entry on his account, it still shows up as a field under the order, and gets kind of screwy.

Because of this, the only option I can see is to delete the order all together and re-create it manually with the appropriate hosting account ordered only.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kyle

• WHMCS CEO

There is no way to edit orders. Though I don't see any reason for doing so. The order doesn't need to be correct like in some other systems for recurring billing to happen so the order record is something only you see and doesn't affect anything.

Matt

For example, I just had a recent order where the guy ordered a domain transfer with his order, only because he was confused and thought that was what he needed. Now I'm just going to credit his account for the purchase and delete the domain from his account with me. Problem is, even if I delete the domain entry on his account, it still shows up as a field under the order, and gets kind of screwy.

Thats correct, afterall, it *is* what they ordered.

What a client orders, and what they "get" and are therefore billed for are not necessarily the same thing.