Need help generating a list of accounts that are going to be suspended 24 prior to suspension

I just had to deal with an upset customer because their site was suspended. I need someway to get an email of accounts that are about to be suspended. Ideally I would like to receive an email say on Monday that will list the accounts that will be suspended during the next 7 to 14 days.

Does anyone have any code they could share or help they could provide.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

>>are these suspensions due to unpaid

Yes these are unpaid. I am surprised that I am the only one that wants this done and why it's not a feature of the program.

But yes it's for unpaid invoices and I am eager to find a solution that ensures I get paid but not at the expense of upsetting my customers. Checks do get lost in the mail.

there are probably three ways to go with this - report, widget or action hook.... report if you wanted to generated a list at any time; a hook if you wanted a list mailing to you or a widget to output the list on the admin homepage.

personally, what I would use (and do!) is a widget - I actually use a highly modified version of the widget below...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?43532-WHMCS-v5-0-Upcoming-Domains-and-Hosting-renewal&p=381282#post381282

out of the box, this won't do what you want - but it will give you a list of upcoming domain and hosting renewals for x number of days.

one of the ways that my version is modified is that it also shows the date the invoice should be generated - I use it as a backup check to ensure the invoices are generated correctly... it could be modified similarly for your purpose, e.g show a suspension date - which will be x days after the next due date.

have a look at the above widget, and if you think it will suit your needs, i'll tweak it to display a suspension date for the hosting products.

Just food for thought here, and yes, I do understand that checks get lost in the mail. ( thats why we dont take em )

but lets start here,

1 Invoice is generated x days before due, If you take checks then hopefully far enough in the future to allow for the Postal Service

2 Due date comes

3 Over due notice sent

4 over due notice sent

5 overdue notice sent

6 suspended

You would think that is its actually a check is in the mail then the client would contact you and let you know this so you could then manually set the suspend date,

If they cant get the invoice paid between the due date, and the suspension date ( 7 days in our case ) then they need to pay better attention ad the suspension is a wake up call. Once they pay thier invoice the suspension is lifter automatically

Brian,

Thanks for your response. I am not much of a programmer, will spend some researching and see if I can handle myself. Quite frankly I am surprised this is not a feature built in to WHMCS. As contacting customers 24 hours before disabling their accounts seems like a no brainer to ensure customers satisfaction and disabling is a sure fire way to piss them off.

Andrew

Isnt that what the overdue notices are for? this is just me but after upcoming invoice and 3 overdue notices the lastone telling them that they are subject to a suspension isnt then up to them to be responsible to pay their bills?

Please tell me, when is the last time that you got a phonecall from ANYONE that your account will be suspended tomorrow if you dont get your bill paid ( Oh wait, tomorrow is a weekend so we will let you be irresponsible for a few more days )

Thanks for your response. I am not much of a programmer, will spend some researching and see if I can handle myself.

one other option if you didn't want to add a new widget, would be to edit an existing one, e.g open_invoices.php, and add a new column to the output containing your suspension date (which can easily be calculated per invoice).

Quite frankly I am surprised this is not a feature built in to WHMCS. As contacting customers 24 hours before disabling their accounts seems like a no brainer to ensure customers satisfaction and disabling is a sure fire way to piss them off.

following on from merlinpa1969's replies, which I agree with, if you made the "Third Overdue Reminder" email (or 1st/2nd if you prefer) generate one day before your suspension date (via the automation settings), and perhaps bcc it to yourself, WHMCS will send the email you desire to the customer.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings

Merlinpa,

I am not a misogynistic elephant killer and don't have millions of customers. Instead I focus on delivering the highest level of customers service to my customers. And for this reason I am willing to spend the five minutes to call my customer.

You are correct most companies don't take the time. But imagine how you would feel if for some reason your check did get lost in the mail and the company took the time to call YOU.

And yes ideally I would get a report of accounts expiring in the next 7 days. As an example I can easily get this information from my Tucows account.

You are correct most companies don't take the time. But imagine how you would feel if for some reason your check did get lost in the mail and the company took the time to call YOU.

If I send my check in when the invoice was received, and then got not only a first, but a second and a third over due notification I am sure that I would call you,

While i do understand what your saying, Im just wondering when are clients supposed to be responsible for their business.

If I dont pay Comcast then I gey my internet turned off, Is that comcasts problem or mine, Shut my service down and next month I pay more attention