Custom Status

insertcoin

Hi,

We need to add a customer status "Cancellation Pending" which will stop any invoices being raised and prevent any emails being sent to the customer.

How can this be done?

The reason is we need to differentiate between something that is outright cancelled and something where a customer has requested the package to be cancelled but may still have up to a year left on their package.

perhaps you could use the "Auto-Terminate End of Cycle" checkbox for this instead...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Clients:Products/Services_Tab#Admin_Scheduled_Cancellations

Admin Scheduled Cancellations

As an admin user, you can schedule the termination of a product at the end of the currently active period by going to the Products/Services tab, ticking the Auto-Terminate End of Cycle option and optionally entering a reason/note for it. Any unpaid invoices for the product will be cancelled and will suppress any further renewal invoices from generating for this product and terminate it when the next due date is reached. The "Cancellation Requests" setting in Setup > Automation Settings must also be enabled.

Brian! that looks like a possible solution, however I know the person that handles our WHMCS says they attempted to implement this function and it didn't work as expected so they're after an alternative method. The details on why it didn't work were not disclosed to me.

I have added a status called "Pending Cancellation" and selected "Include in Cancelled". Does this do what I expect, that the status will act as a "Cancelled" status, not sending out any emails etc?

Hi,

We tried to us this but it caused a limitations and problems internally, so it was abandoned. I thought an easier solution would be to create a customer "order status"

Creating a custom "Order Status" doesn't do what I require.

I added "Pending Cancellation"

But that doesn't appear in the drop down list under the "Products/Services" tab

pi6yNtE.png

Which then doesn't show in the summary window.

2015-04-17_081447.png

We tried to us this but it caused a limitations and problems internally, so it was abandoned.

we've never run into an issue with Auto-Terminate... and I don't recall reading/answering any questions about it.

I thought an easier solution would be to create a customer "order status"

Creating a custom "Order Status" doesn't do what I require.

I added "Pending Cancellation"

But that doesn't appear in the drop down list under the "Products/Services" tab

Which then doesn't show in the summary window.

you should be able to change the order status from the Orders page, but I don't think it gets reflected in the product page... a custom order status is just a label (unless you write action hooks for it to do a particular task).

in any event, I don't think it would prevent emails - what it might do though is terminate the service immediately upon the next cron run.