Can a client change the Priority for a support ticket in their client area?

itomic

Thanks for your help, sentq.

This is one of 3 questions I've fired into these forums in the last few days, all relating to support tickets. This is being driven by a great client of ours requesting improvements to the standard WHMCS support ticket system.

As much as it's very useful for us to work with a support ticket system that is tightly integrated with our WHMCS (i.e. the default WHMCS ticket system), our experience is that there's quite a large functionality gap between the out-of-the-box WHMCS ticket system and more dedicated, standalone systems such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Wrike, etc.

In other words, "tightly integrated" is good, but not good enough if there's a large gap in functionality versus other more dedicated systems.

So I suspect that - at least for this client - we'll have to abandon the WHMCS ticket system, because it's just not powerful/flexible enough. Specifically:

1. Client can't adjust the priority of a ticket in their logged-in client area (the question posed in this ticket)

2. Support ticket emails generated in WHMCS and sent to the client don't include the full thread of emails messages to-date for that ticket.

3. Adding a new client contact (e.g. additional contact) into WHMCS *after* they've sent one or more support ticket doesn't auto-match tickets with the new contact, even though email addresses match.

4. Tickets appear to match with the primary contact, even when the match is with an additional contact.

Would be great to see a lot more investment in upgrading the support ticket area of WHMCS so that people like me don't have to go to 3rd party services.

We'll see...