Adding Flag (currency) for Vertical Steps orderform on Review & Checkout page

kindnation

Greetings,

I'm able to find and add the currency flags to other templates, except when using Vertical Steps. On the Review & Checkout page, it shows the currency flags with the one for THB (Thai Baht) blank.

Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 12.24.05 PM.png

I searched through templates/orderforms/verticalsteps/*.tpl for "flags", but none of them have it in there. So obviously it is located somewhere else. Does anyone know where the .tpl file is located that is used for the Review & Checkout page?

Hi brian,

Yes, I'm using the Vertical Steps, and it does use drop downs until it finally gets to the Review & Checkout page. I've looked in the viewcart.tpl and there aren't any "flags". But as the screenshot shows, the THB is blank, but the flags for AUD, EUR, and USD are visable. I looked at all the .tpl files inside of templates/orderforms/verticalsteps/*.tpl and none of them have "flags" string. So it's strange to see the currency flags showing up at all, but where is it located?

Hi,

i've just tried Vertical Steps on my dev site - definitely dropdowns and no flags!

however, if you have set your default order-form template to "Modern"...

setup -> general settings -> ordering -> Modern

and then set the product group to use "Vertical Steps"... it will use Vertical Steps until it gets to checkout and then it switches to "Modern".

I can two ways for your to check this - either go through the ordering process and when you get to checkout (with the missing flag), right-click the page and view source... I would expect that you should find no mention of Vertical Steps in the code, but a few mentions of Modern, e.g.,

<div id="order-modern">

the other way would be to set your default order form to Vertical Steps...

setup -> general settings -> ordering -> Vertical Steps

if you do that, then the checkout page should show Step 5 of the process with no flags... the code for the page should also contain no mention of Modern and only Vertical Steps...

<div id="order-verticalsteps">

therefore, you may need to look in modern/viewcart.tpl and add your THB code into the currency chooser in there and link it to your Thai flag image in images...

however, if you have set your default order-form template to "Modern"...

setup -> general settings -> ordering -> Modern

and then set the product group to use "Vertical Steps"... it will use Vertical Steps until it gets to checkout and then it switches to "Modern".

I want to thank you for figuring that out. I had the default set for Flat-Modern (custom template), and exactly like you said, Verticalsteps will switch to default when it reaches the checkout.