Order Failed?

dgaramond

What exactly is the cause of this error message in order.php, after step=4?

Order Failed
An error has occured during the processing of your order. Please try again and if the problem persists, please contact us for support.

This only happens when I order as an existing user, and not if I order as a new user (which would route me to step=5 and step=6 and finally succeeded).

• 1 month later...
I see, thanks. I managed to avoid this problem when in step=4 I skip re-entering login information and pressing Submit/Continue, and just enter step=checkout in the address bar. So I guess it is an issue with login and/or session.

Hi David,

Strange this is, when I did the same thing, the error goes away. So there is clearly some bug regarding handling of existing user login in step 4.

• WHMCS CEO

It's a PHP Sessions issue. The error occurs when there is no data stored in the session for an order to be placed. Say for example you log out during the order, or leave it a long time, or an error occurs. And in the case of the latest post, PHP sessions aren't working at all on your server hence you can't login either.

Matt

This may (or may not :lol: ) help...

Upload a php file with simply the following in it...

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Check what the "session.save_path" is set to.

If all is setup correctly, that directory should exist, and you should be able to write files to it.

Cheers,

Paul