Shopping Cart

dalex

I am building a new website and stuck with how to go about doing it.

Basically, it's an online office products store for small businesses however will offer web services including domain names. Id like to use WHMCS for registering domain names and auto-provisioning hosting accounts however will also have thousands of products and need a full pledged ecommerce store.

What would be the best route to accomplish this?

Is there a way to tie WHMCS to an existing shopping cart & check out system and use WHMCS for web services like hosting & domain names?

I would keep them separate, e.g use shopping cart for the online store, whmcs for the web services - if it were only a few products then whmcs could perhaps handle it, but not thousands.

what might be worth spending some time on is seeing if their logins can be integrated - so if you're logged into one, you can use the other without the need to log in again.

The user expirence would be terrible as there would be confusion. So this is not something we're going to do.

Perhaps something like Magento would be more ideal, is it possible to integrate domain services and hosting provisioning with a platform like Magento?

The user expirence would be terrible as there would be confusion. So this is not something we're going to do.

where's the confusion if you have a whmcs site themed to match the ecommerce site or vice versa? it's simple enough to find someone competent to create a whmcs theme that would match the ecommerce site.

anyway, I would have thought it highly unlikely someone will buy a box of paper clips and a domain at the same time - separately yes, but together?

Perhaps something like Magento would be more ideal, is it possible to integrate domain services and hosting provisioning with a platform like Magento?

i'm not aware of any integration with Magento that can do that - asking ModulesGarden might be an option as they are familiar with both WHMCS and Magento.

Woocommerce might also be an option as there are plugins available to integrate WHMCS and Wordpress.

"I would have thought it highly unlikely someone will buy a box of paper clips and a domain at the same time - separately yes, but together?"

This is a very valid point. I appreciate the feedback. The concern would be for people who fall out of this system however I suppose that is what customer service is for.

"Woocommerce might also be an option as there are plugins available to integrate WHMCS and Wordpress."

This is what I had initially planned on doing.