Authorize.Net - Using Silent Post with WHMCS

vibrantweb

We just started using WHMCS this week, and we're about ready to go live with it, however, we've run into a bit of a conundrum.

First I'll explain our setup, and then the issue, please bear with me while I try to explain this so it makes sense.

We hired a PPC company to create a landing page to get new customers. Their landing page is attached to a custom analytics dashboard that they developed in-house. Their custom dashboard does what it's supposed to do, but the interface is horrible and very difficult for our staff to use. In order for us to use the landing page, we have to use their dashboard. Their dashboard processes all of the customer payments.

As a short term workaround, all of the customer information gets sent from the landing page to our Zoho CRM (using Zoho's API), but setting up accounts, cancelling accounts, and modifying accounts is done 100% manually via our customer service department. That's why we decided to try out WHMCS.

So, my question is this: Based on our current setup, is there a way to use WHMCS if the payments are being processed on another platform? Basically, is there some type of silent post or IPN controller inside of WHMCS? I just don't want to double charge any of our new customers, but I do want to make their experience as seamless as possible.

Our billing process looks a little something like: When our customers sign up, they pay an upfront fee of $X.XX, then the recurring billing of $X.XX (hosting and maintenance fee) initiates a few days later. After that, they are billed monthly with various upgrade options available.

I want to be able to keep our current billing system in tact, but also manage upgrades, cancels, suspensions, new accounts, or anything else that may come up in WHMCS. Is this possible?

We're using:

WHMCS on a dedicated server

Wordpress Multisite w/ WHMCS Multisite Provisioning Plugin (WPMU-Dev)

Hi

So, my question is this: Based on our current setup, is there a way to use WHMCS if the payments are being processed on another platform? Basically, is there some type of silent post or IPN controller inside of WHMCS? I just don't want to double charge any of our new customers, but I do want to make their experience as seamless as possible.

Big yes. Just use WHMCS API and you could even accept payments on your eBay account or a cheque. As long as you have data and know how to handle it, you can do everything. Very simple example: on a WHMCS we did a code-based payment system. People get a code on a ticket that they can buy in a shop then they use it on WHMCS and the service is online.

Our billing process looks a little something like: When our customers sign up, they pay an upfront fee of $X.XX, then the recurring billing of $X.XX (hosting and maintenance fee) initiates a few days later. After that, they are billed monthly with various upgrade options available.

Yes. They're the basis of WHMCS.

I want to be able to keep our current billing system in tact, but also manage upgrades, cancels, suspensions, new accounts, or anything else that may come up in WHMCS. Is this possible?

Yes but be advised that probably you need to invest a lot of time on this. WHMCS is capable of working in a system like this.