Quick Invoice API Question

ASMHosting

Hi All,

I am just in the process of finishing an external colocation/dedicated server bandwidth tracking system (based on RTG). What I'm looking at doing for billing in making it generate an invoice for the customer on the 1st of each month using the API.

All the maths for the bandwidth etc is done automaticly using the above system and a cron job so nothing for WHMCS to do there...

What I need to know however is that if you create the invoice using the API does it still send out the "Invoice Generated" email and reminders?

• 5 months later...

It creates the invoice, but last time I looked (3.5.1) Matt hadn't added the parameter to cause the new invoice to be sent. I'd check the doco though as he may have added it in 3.6.0.

A group of us (involving RPH?) had this discussion in another thread a while ago...

Acccording to the dev tracker, it was put into 3.6.0 Beta.

http://dev.whmcs.com/index.php?version=13

207 New Feature API Invoice Creation Send Email Option Implemented

I'm guessing that it hasn't been documented yet, which is kind of a pain, as this is one major feature that I have to make sure works before I can make a purchase. I'm really liking what I've seen so far, but I need to make sure that it's going to do what I need.