configural options depending on options

packetpusher

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to implement configurable options for products which depend on other options, e.g. our server products allow customers to choose the operating system, if the customer chooses Linux only the Linux version of Plesk should be visible, if he chooses Windows he should only be able to order Plesk for Windows and a backup software. A good solution would be if it's possible to show options depending on previously selected options.

First I thought this would be possible by changing the templates and disabling the not used options by JQuery but as we're not able to change the forms within the admin section (the order form and the product view within the client profile) this way seems not to be the right one.

Any ideas how to manage this?

This is not a feature in WHMCS (dependencies between configurable options). The only thing you can do, is edit the configureproduct.tpl template, within your selected orderform template. You would have to modify the loop where the form elements are being built for the configurable options. However, I'm not sure if there is any possible way to customize this on the admin side. I don't believe there is.

This is not a feature in WHMCS (dependencies between configurable options).

bad luck :-( As this would be a great feature enhancement for many usage cases I would suggest to support the feature request for Dependent Configurable Options

The only thing you can do, is edit the configureproduct.tpl template, within your selected orderform template. You would have to modify the loop where the form elements are being built for the configurable options.

This seems to be a good hint, I'll try it this way

However, I'm not sure if there is any possible way to customize this on the admin side. I don't believe there is.

I'll check whether JQuery can do the job within the admin interface, as the TR/TD have no named id this might be a bit tricky